Thread: Builders v tyre kickers

Builders v tyre kickers

Seems to me that tyre kickers will always outnumber builders with there posts cos the builders haven't got the time but the kickers, but that should include the dreamers have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Technical and hands on engineer

Re: Builders v tyre kickers

Of course we have more time you guys are building cars and we are still in the research and preparation stages..

What i say is, all builders good luck with your builds and please show them off to the boards and to magazines and to the public, use your new asset to help the industry grow and flourish, to all the dreamers, keep dreaming and planning and researching, but also keep saving up and eventually you (we) will have enough to start something our own...

Without dreams life would be quite boring. So to us dreamers, keep the dreams alive and it will turn into reality soon. the tire kickers I have little patience for. Always to quick to make comparisons on which is better and breaking the morale of the forum by turning it into a slinging contest. If you have a passion about the industry and you really know what is involved you wont tell someone that years of work looks bad or is wrong etc. etc.
    To all the builders kind enough to share their progress and completed projects with us, I thank you, you are the real reason any of us are here and have the dreams we do.

fakefrank,

you have summed that up very well and I agree with you as some of the points you have made that would include me in the past, which I would not deny, but have since learnt.
    The distinction between tyre kicker and dreamer is valid indeed but also the dreamer can also be put into 2 types maybe? Although I wasn't aiming my posting at dreamers, just tyre kickers.
    Firstly the dreamer whose dreams are pure fantasy and secondly the dreamer who finally does take the plunge irrespective of how long it takes to get there.
    I myself was on the verge of doing a 355 and just when I was about to dive in I heard about the 360 being done and was advised to hang on and do that instead and that was way before I even knew about the forum!
    So when I joined the forum I admit I did my bit of tyre kicking but fortunately have learned. Yes I may still slip up now and again but overall I think I now take a more constructive approach and hopefully some think I sometimes contribute with good information and facts.
    My real point is aimed at tyre kickers who just do not want to do anything but that.There certainly seems to be quite a few who have been around for ages and just kick at the slightest opportunity, don't you agree?

I agree with you thoughs. I think there was at last count about 40 people really building cars on this site. It is fun to watch the progress and it feels great to post information that will help turn dreamers into builders. It takes a lot of time and money to do a replica correctly. I would bet there are a few sitting in garages that people whis they never began and othes who wish they could get the leftovers to begin their builds.

Either way, it takes all of us to enjoy this world wide hobby.

Regards to all,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I know for me, I "dreamed" for quite sometime. About 8 years if I remember correctly. In the meantime I was building muscle cars and track cars and having fun but always wanted to build a replica.

I bought a 308 that was about 25% finished and moved along pretty quick on it. (too quick) . You know.... young and impatient... had to have it done yesterday.

My 3rd and current one, another 308 replica is my best so far. Although it was pretty complete when I bought it. I dis-assembled the entire car, aligned every panel and tried to take care all of the detail "stuff" along the way. I had fun with it but needed to take it to the next level.

I'll be posting pics of my V8 swap and my interior swap as I get further along. I agree with Dave. I think the people on the forum building cars really help the others that are in the "information gathering stage". It's nice to see projects going on to get you going (and keep you moving).

It's also nice to see the varied interests of the forum users. I'm not exactly building anything "cutting edge" or "state of the art" but I'm happy with my build.

I'll enjoy it for a little while after the V8 install but then I'll be ready for another project. Between the 2 308's, I'm going on 10 years with the same type of car. I'm getting ready for a change...

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyWheels
    I agree with you thoughs. I think there was at last count about 40 people really building cars on this site. It is fun to watch the progress and it feels great to post information that will help turn dreamers into builders. It takes a lot of time and money to do a replica correctly. I would bet there are a few sitting in garages that people whis they never began and othes who wish they could get the leftovers to begin their builds.

Either way, it takes all of us to enjoy this world wide hobby.

Regards to all,

Dave
    Agree with you to on that Dave...cheers