Thread: Camaro Bumper Kit

Camaro Bumper Kit

Hi All,

I touched on this design a few months back with the introduction of the new Camaro. I've been tinkering with the idea of a new bumper kit to made available for the last gen Camaros. The kit would update the front end to resemble the all new car.

I'm still tinkering with the lights & grill but I would enjoy any feedback and see some of your work & ideas. I'm not sure how it would work, but maybe a rear kit as well?

Thanks

SK
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Camaro Bumper Kit

That would be a major improvement, especially on the earlier years with the ugly recessed lights.

I actually like the recessed lights better - I think they screwed it up when they went to flush headlights! Just my 2 cents anyway.

Back on topic, I think the front bumper is a good improvement. I do think the angles on the front are a bit too sharp and square to match the rounded edges on the rest of the car. You might consider rounding the bumper off at the edges, or try sharpening some of the curves on the rest of the body so the whole body fits together better.

I think you should also think about grafting some pieces to the quarter panels - I really like the muscle car quarters on the 2009 concept car, and a widebody kit on the rear of this car would really set it off. Best wishes with the project!

Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    I actually like the recessed lights better - I think they screwed it up when they went to flush headlights! Just my 2 cents anyway.

Back on topic, I think the front bumper is a good improvement. I do think the angles on the front are a bit too sharp and square to match the rounded edges on the rest of the car. You might consider rounding the bumper off at the edges, or try sharpening some of the curves on the rest of the body so the whole body fits together better.

I think you should also think about grafting some pieces to the quarter panels - I really like the muscle car quarters on the 2009 concept car, and a widebody kit on the rear of this car would really set it off. Best wishes with the project!
    I think youre onto something...and with those camaros being so popular and with the new concept being out of reach of most customers, you'd sell quite a few kits...

I agree with RHK to round the edges or to a rear add-on that made the rear more boxy and concept-esque. If you wanted, i think the way you have would sell, but by changing it a little and maybe offering an add on, you would be able to sell many more...

Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    That would be a major improvement, especially on the earlier years with the ugly recessed lights.
    Definately a big improvement and just as Magnus said especially over the Geo headlights.. You would sell a lot of kits I believe but I dont know how closely you will be able to replicate the look..