Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to replicate american cars?

Is it possible to replicate american cars?

I know this might seem like a dumb question, but would it be possible to replicate american cars like the new mustangs, corvettes, and vipers?
    The 40-60k price tags are extremely high priced.

i would love to have these... ;D

-If you build it...they will buy.-

Re: Is it possible to replicate american cars?

Quote Originally Posted by FataLDeath
    The 40-60k price tags are extremely high priced.
    Actually, the ford GT and the shelby cobra have been, but you can't build a successful business model around replicating those cars for less than 40k. It's not possible and most people don't view 40k as extemely high priced. For what you get the corvette is a very affordable supercar to some.

buy a mustang magizine any day of the week and you'll find this kit in there I'd almost guarantee!

Quote Originally Posted by lowboost
    buy a mustang magizine any day of the week and you'll find this kit in there I'd almost guarantee!
    I agree, if you want the tricked out mustang, just buy a used mustang GT and fit a kit on it....why GT you ask....

later, once you save up enough, you can buy a supercharger for the v8 and pretty much smoke 90% of the cars you will meet on a daily basis....

Stock GT does 0-60 around 5 sec. so adding 100hp 100tq will shave a few tenths for sure...

Nice Mustang. They finally got it right. I haven't liked Mustangs since 1970.
    The Charger you speak of above.......... nah, I'll pass.
    It's funny. Chrysler gave us baby boomers everything we wanted in bringing back the Charger.
    The name, the exterior colors, RWD, a hemi motor.
    -------------THEY FORGOT TO MAKE IT IN A 2 DOOR !!! ----------
    A 4 door sports car is only cool with an 19 year old driving his Civic.
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

the viper is about the only one that gets me going. if the viper or corvette were made by one of the italians they'd be much more expensive cars and more highly regarded. The vette still has a stigma of not quite exotic enough but the design, performance + reliability is sure there now. i hope and pray they do a mid engine vette or viper someday. i'd plunk down a deposit.
    White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

I think the new C6 is just beautiful car, especially when you go a little wider with the Z06 body.

Unfortunately i've had first hand experience with a few where the body panels and overall fit and finish of the car was just piss poor.

Also the interioir looks like a cheapy rental-car-interior, with all the flat plastic used.

The Callaway C6 did it right by wrapping everything in Leather, im not too keen on the print but it shows that even the most unappealing of interiors, when wrapped in leather, can look quite nice...

Sorry none do it for me. The new mustang with some mods like the post above is as close to my taste as american cars go. Having owned a shop building streetrods, a few kits, and now getting ready to produce an original design, it is foolish to replicate a car that sells for less than a $100K, unless the original design had some issues. For example, you can nearly buy a 355 for what it cost to build a really nice one (similar performace, V8, authentic lights and interior, top that works) but building one you can overcome the reliability issues that come from owning a real one.

Quote Originally Posted by bartman
    Sorry none do it for me. The new mustang with some mods like the post above is as close to my taste as american cars go. Having owned a shop building streetrods, a few kits, and now getting ready to produce an original design, it is foolish to replicate a car that sells for less than a $100K, unless the original design had some issues. For example, you can nearly buy a 355 for what it cost to build a really nice one (similar performace, V8, authentic lights and interior, top that works) but building one you can overcome the reliability issues that come from owning a real one.
    I haven't heard of so many problems with 355's but definately just the routine maintenance could put a dent in the average joe's pocket book. Even if i had 120-150K$ USD tight now i wouldnt buy a real 360.

11mpg? Expensive Maintenance? no thanks...