Thread: how much are you paying for....

how much are you paying for....

your 406 Coupe's.

Im looking around and thought of spending no more than 1.6 TO 2k MAX. Thing is theres a huge selection out ther but all have over 100k miles on the clock. Should I be deturred by this. My thoughts about spending big money on Ashleys kit on a car thats gone to the moon and back. HOW MUCH MILAGE ARE THE 3L V6 ENGINES GOOD FOR.

Maybe STEVO and PAUL can tell me whats on the clock with them. and maybe I should lower my thoughts and go for the cheaper 2Ltr version. Is there a vast difference in Torque and power. I think the V6 is 210bhp. Dont know about the 2Ltr??

Any help on this causious start to my dream will be much appriciated.

Re: how much are you paying for....

off the top of my head the 2lt is 140bhp, I paid 2K for a 1999 t reg 2.0, full history, immaculate hpi clear car with 50000 on the clock, It also had 600 alloys on which i sold for 300, Rember 406 coupe parts go for good money and you should expect atleast 600 back for the items you have stripped, Bumpers 150 each, rear lights 40, Wings 25 ea, Bonnet 110, Boot lid 65, Standard wheels 100.00 glass, exhaust back box, Roof lining, Everthing you strip really, You would be suprised just how much you can get for them, I had a guy drive up for both bumpers, the bonnet and 1 wing from london, he paid me 510.00!!!

i payed 2200 for a v6 98 'r' reg with 70k with full service history from ebay, had to go up to darlington from london to get it though!
    go for a v6 everytime

In the process of finding your RHD 406 coupes did any of you happen to run across any Left handers?

I figured i would have to goto France to source it but i was told that the UK has plenty....any confirmation on that from those who have actually searched the classifieds in the UK....

Thanks

never seen a lhd 406 in the uk except for a french import once but that was outside the french embassy

so what the difference in 0-60 times then between the 2ltr and 3ltr.
    Also, is anyone running NOS on their 3ltr. My guess, the v6 engine would be quite safe to use nitrous in standard guise.?? cheep and quick way for some added power.

Quote Originally Posted by disilva
    never seen a lhd 406 in the uk except for a french import once but that was outside the french embassy
    Thanks...hmmm...I guess France it is...