Thread: Aston Martin Replica??

Aston Martin Replica??

Whats this about guys??

http://exclusivemotorcars.ca

Re: Aston Martin Replica??

Quote Originally Posted by sty3x
    Whats this about guys??

http://exclusivemotorcars.ca
    Nice web design but I think someone has been sniffing fiberglass fumes too long. You can turn an old Ford Mustang into a replica of an Aston Martin by adding $84,000 . Most people can get one used for that right now.

Or better yet, how about a used Jag for $15k and just drive it.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Maybe a DB7 for 84K$USD but not a Vanquish.....

....The cheapest Vanquish I can find is 120K$USD...

Sorry I didn't know there was a kit for a vanquish other than Extreme's can you get the kit or is it innaccurate

I have seen Vaquish's going for around a 100K, but this kit is way too expensive for something which you can actually buy by just putting a few 1000s more !

Quote Originally Posted by NYJATT911
    I have seen Vaquish's going for around a 100K, but this kit is way too expensive for something which you can actually buy by just putting a few 1000s more !
    very true bro, however some of the 355 people (the ones that have close to 80K$ invested) will tell you that they are saving something like 20K$/year from all the maintenance/service/parts and gas costs they dont incur on it. And A newer ford mustang would do the same for the replica vanquish owner..

For that company to be successful they would need to lower their costs a litle bit, If they were to sell the kit for 50K$USD i think people would be interested, especially if it was dimensionally accurate. They do a stretch on the chassis, so i am assuming it is somewhat accurate.

Besides Extreme i know of no other AM kit....

well...a hefty price tag...plus, now that I've seen the extreme 360 and the Murci...I will definitely wait for the extreme Vanquish. And I still think the Supra is the better donor car for it. Somehow...maybe it's just me...something looks weird with this Mustang based Vanquish. don't you think it looks too short? And a little distorted?

Quote Originally Posted by bowser330
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJATT911
    very true bro, however some of the 355 people (the ones that have close to 80K$ invested) will tell you that they are saving something like 20K$/year from all the maintenance/service/parts and gas costs they dont incur on it. And A newer ford mustang would do the same for the replica vanquish owner..

For that company to be successful they would need to lower their costs a litle bit, If they were to sell the kit for 50K$USD i think people would be interested, especially if it was dimensionally accurate. They do a stretch on the chassis, so i am assuming it is somewhat accurate.

Besides Extreme i know of no other AM kit....

You got it nailed on this one.
    The interior is not too bad either but everything feels messed up dimensionally, whether it is the exterior or the interior, or maybe the pics have been stretched or cropped badly !

I still think the Extreme Vanquish on a Supra would be a much more awesome car !

problem with the supra is that its got a shorter wheelbase, i think by a significant amount too, like 6-8 inches.

Would stretching it be THAT difficult? you would need a custom length driveshaft, but besides that it should be pretty straightforward and not too difficult to add extra length to any tubing, etc.

If they did build it on the supra they would probably use the front and back to overhang a few extra inches, which can really mess up a design...i guess we'll see....

I think the jaguar XK is a perfect car to use and can be found relatively cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by bowser330
    problem with the supra is that its got a shorter wheelbase, i think by a significant amount too, like 6-8 inches.

Would stretching it be THAT difficult? you would need a custom length driveshaft, but besides that it should be pretty straightforward and not too difficult to add extra length to any tubing, etc.

If they did build it on the supra they would probably use the front and back to overhang a few extra inches, which can really mess up a design...i guess we'll see....

I think the jaguar XK is a perfect car to use and can be found relatively cheaply.

I was thinkin the same thing, besides the fact that the price for the Jaguar will not be that much than that of a Supra !