View Poll Results: How Would You Like To See This Car In Production?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Turnkey V6 or V8...

1 3.57%
  • Turnkey Electric

5 17.86%
  • As a Kit

7 25.00%
  • Kit With Rolling Chassis

3 10.71%
  • No -

12 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll - New Concept Car - Poll

Poll - New Concept Car - Poll

Greetings -

We are considering going into full production with the "Blue Djinn" as an Electric or perhaps Electric/Hybrid - maybe even perhaps as a kit for buyers to decide on their own powerplant. Would really like to know your thoughts & opinions... More photos available at DjinnEV.com

Thanks,

Russ

One More question... With or without wheels exposed? I did this in photoshop, so it's no where near correct, just an idea... Thanks again, Russ
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Poll - New Concept Car - Poll

Cool!?! very.. different.
    I vote for a kit. It would be great with EV options, and a cheaper package for those who want to source their own drivetrain.
    What's the ground clearance like? It looks VERY low.

Quote Originally Posted by jdek
    Cool!?! very.. different.
    I vote for a kit. It would be great with EV options, and a cheaper package for those who want to source their own drivetrain.
    What's the ground clearance like? It looks VERY low.
    We're designing it with an air adjustable ride system so you can raise and lower it depending on the terrain -

It is different and I have to commend that. For me (an idiot from a kit car forum), I would not own this car. To me driving on the public roads is everything. There is no way I could get that car around in my neighborhood, let alone the local freeways. I also do know think that this would be legal in California. Then again, if this is your dream, then built it.

I think it would not be a successful kitcar in Europe, except for movie shooting use.....
    otherwise it will be good if offers just kit without drivetrain.

For those of you voting "No", could you please give me some idea of why this car doesn't appeal to you? It would help me to know more details of what the public thinks...

Thanks again,

Russ

Russ, you asked so I'll say why I voted no. It simply does not fit my taste. It is too futuristic and does not much resemble a car. You don't really need that much interest however. Most people are concerned about demand for a specialty product but in realistic terms how many can you build? A shop of several guys can realistically build 4 turnkeys a year.

SKExotics

I think you should change the name to Nike or Adidas!

Hey Russ,

Well that’s an interesting vehicle you have there…

I also voted No for a few reasons, practicality being the biggest. I just do not see how it will be practical to drive without having to alter the entire shape. The design was never meant to be driven around town and only used as a prop for movies. I understand there may be a drivable version out there, but I am sure it was not driven on open roads.

Trust me, I am building my own concept car as well and there is more to making a car than just the looks. You have to start from the inside out in my opinion. The Blue Djinn has so many issues with just visibility alone. I think you could possibly make one into a road car but I just can’t see a real market for it. (Product Marketing is my profession)

I hope that was not too harsh I am just trying to be real… Don’t get me wrong I am a true believer that we need more unique specialty kit cars but I am not sure this design will net you a good business.

However with all that said I think you have other possibilities with its… such as movie props, commercials, possible game system for the wealthy decked out with sound system and SonyPlaystation3 with flat screens in the windows. The car looks pretty big on the inside so I am sure you could load it up with a ton of speakers and amps and possibly pick up a sponsor from one of the large speaker makers. You could also add a cool interior and hi tech video system and place it in malls. Stores will pay you to attract customers to their location. Well that jus a few ideas…

Hope that helps and good luck on what you do with it.

- Neal
    - www.BaileyBlade.com
    - Neal Bailey<br />- www.BaileySpeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by RussInVegas
    For those of you voting "No", could you please give me some idea of why this car doesn't appeal to you? It would help me to know more details of what the public thinks...

Thanks again,

Russ
    you asked so NO Never would I. Sorry but I want to see some nice wheels and I also think it looks like a shoe. I like cars that look mean and nasty but this is only my opinion so think nothing bad about it and good luck with your car.
    www.kikkerbikes.com