Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I take Legal Action?

Should I take Legal Action?

This isn't about a Kit Car Company. The company I'm having trouble with is Jupiter Electronics in Montréal Canada. Last year in 07 I paid $600.00 to Christian Forget to get LED electronics made up for me. he makes up Knight Rider Electronic replicas. I have the Knight 2000 dash, some of the over lays for the LED'. the electronics are made up in sections. So, there's a digital tach display, a six row led display, a bottom three row led display, four red buttons to the right of the three row display.

Most of the leds are just dummy displays. in other words all they do is light up. At first things were going good. Back in October 07 I got one LED display circuit board from him. It looked real cool but not all the board lit up at once. I emailed him and asked him why the whole thing didn't all light up at once? To make a long story short. I sent back the LED board to turn it into custom board so it will all light up at once. That was back on Dec 24. He emailed me and told me he got the LED board before Christmas. I also wanted a price quote on the other LED electronics. the other LED boards are also suppose to be a custom order. From late December to now I still didn't get my LED board back, or any of the other LED boards I ordered. I email him to ask him what's going on with my order and he either doesn't get back to me, or when he does he says, standard orders come first before custom orders.

On March 4 of this year I email him and let him know I'm tired of getting screwed around. He's been working on my order sense August of last year, I still don't have a price quote on the other LED boards he was going to get for me back in Dec 07 and my LED board I paid for and sent back to him I still don't have. All I have are the three row dummy display's that go at the bottom of the dash. The only way to get a hold of the guy is by email. He has no contact number or fax NO. On April 2nd again I was firm with him that I'm not happy with his service. He just seems to have this lousy attitude that he doesn't seem to care. I told him he's got until the end of this month to finish this order or send my LED board back to me and I will send it to some one else to get modified and I want a refund for the rest of the money I sent him. Still haven't heard from the guy. His policy is for customers to wait for a two working business day for a reply. Yet I have waited for weeks and not heard back from him. I can understand he's busy with other orders but this to be is getting Ridicules.... Now when you email him you get an auto reply saying Thank you for your e-mail.Please allow up to 2 work days for a reply. So its as if this guys not even returning emails. I'm wondering if he's just going to close up shop and I'll never here from him again. I have saved all the emails from last year and if I don't here from him by the end of this month and get my board back or at least a refund I'm going to see about taking legal action. I'm I jumping the gun here? Or should I be concerned?

Re: Should I take Legal Action?

My .02 worth:

He has already ripped you off. All you have for the guy is an email address, you obviously have a mailing address. Do a reverse look up and track down his phone number. This is very easy to do for free through several sites. How much $$$ are we talking about?

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

I paid him $600.00. So he sent me three LED boards. I sent the one back in Dec to get fixed and I haven't seen it sinse. He was supose to have given me a price quote on the other boards back in Dec and still hasn't. He told me on March 7 the six row LED display is finished. So, I emailed him and asked him how much do I owe for it? When will it get sent out? Never heard back from him. he does other standard orders supposedly and keeps telling me those need to get out of the way first because there faster orders. My order because its a custom order takes longer. I don't have a problem waiting, but when a guy doesn't return emails and I find I'm asking the same questions over and over asking when my order is going to be done. This whole thing is just draging on. I do have a mailing address. but if he did close up shop and moved I guess I'm screwed...

I know no one likes to loose money but it is probably not enough to pursue. I know nothing about canadian law but here in the US I am very familiar. Here in the US you could take him to small claims court but you must file in his jusidiction. Or hire a lawyer and sue but the legal fees will far outway the $600 settlement, if he even pays the judgement. Contrary to popular belief, unless you have a contract that outlines that the other party is responsible for legal fees in case of litigation, you normally cannot recoup legal fees as part of the case. Just my 0.02. Chalk it up to learning a lesson and move on.

Thats crazy!
    I hate dealing with those kind of situations.
    I finished up shooting the Knightrider movie just after the new year, and we threw away 2 complete dashboards for the new Knightrider car (Mustang).
    Without talent experience is worthless

Do you have any contacts in the area where he lives. It might pay to stop ver and have a heart to heart on how to get your cash or the products. No rough stuff, just discussion. Some times it pays off.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

In the last reply this is what he wrote:

Listen I have been doing absolutely the best I can.

Your custom 120-LED display is done.

I am having a hard time keeping track of your special requests and to account for all this. I would be happy to issue a refund for anything left on your downpayment but even this task will take me a few hours to sort through and to compile.

CF

That was on March 7 of this year. Haven't heard back from him.

as far as keeping track of my special requests, I haven't made any changes in months on the LED's. I just need the 6 row dummy, witch he said is now done, and my 4th season telltale display I sent to him, and the 4 red buttons under the TV monitor. I should have went with Marks Custom kits. But Mark is a jerk! And he's charging $6,500.00 for the complete 2nd season dash. That's not even including the dash. that's just the electronics them selves... But I guess I'll have to go that rout. :

In replay to FunnyWheels, I'm not from Montréal Quebec. So no I have no contacts. I have Christians address, but I'm guessing that's just his work address? if he's still around it shouldn't be hard to get in contact but then again?? For now I'm going to wait until the end of this month. If I don't here from him or if nothing gets sent to me by mail, I will write him one more email telling him I will take legal action. But... I'll probably cut my losses and just order the darn LED's from Mark...

Ohh and MM check your messages!

Thank you Black Ops. I actually have talked to Lectric Enterprises by email. i also may order LED's from them as well. This might sound to picky but, so far Mark and Christian have the most acurate LED's. If you look at the original pilot series,

http://www.knightreplicas.com/librar...l/E01-0010.jpg

http://www.knightreplicas.com/librar...l/E01-0100.jpg

see how nice the six row LED's are spaced out? Now take a look at a replica.

http://www.knightfoundation.net/the_cars/completed/jason_wallace/myalbum/sd530162(2).jpg

It just looks.... cheap some how? I would love to find the actual LED lay out like the Tv series. Christian has a new 72 LED display just like the show. When I see mine lit up and look at the TV, there both identical. Its just to bad its like pulling teath trying to get any where with him...