Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MR2 Vs Fiero Donor Car

MR2 Vs Fiero Donor Car

Which do you prefer ,which is the best choice for F355, 360 and lambo Replicas, why?.

Re: MR2 Vs Fiero Donor Car

First, I have to say that the MR2 is a far better car technically. This car is two (if not more) generations a head of the Fiero. AND, the MR2 are newer. Starting with a 20+ year old car posses it own challenges.

Fiero Pros:
    - Flatter windshield than MR2
    - Wide track suspension available off the shelf.
    - Big break kit available off the shelf
    - Cheep (running donors can be found under $500)
    - Engine upgrades
    - V6 DOHC (Sounds great and revs to the moon)
    - V6 3800SC (Almost a bolt in easy 240hp/270lbs with great aftermarket)
    - V8 LT1, LS*, Northstar, 4.9

Fiero Cons:
    - 20+ year old car
    - Parts for 88s getting harder to find.

Disclaimer: I am a Fiero fan and own two. One for the kit and one as a daily driver.

Mate no offense meant but the mr2 is ridiculously better for creating a replica?! I'm from London and over here we don't have your fiero's and to be honest from what i've seen of them in the flesh i'm quite happy about that. Poor suspension and horrible interior are just a couple of the flaws it has, not to mention i'm yet to see a finished replica ferrari to fool anyone. Take a look at this mr2 conversion and do yourself a favour......... ;D ;D

http://www.dnaoc.co.uk/index.php?topic=3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Papaganush
    Mate no offense meant but the mr2 is ridiculously better for creating a replica?! I'm from London and over here we don't have your fiero's and to be honest from what i've seen of them in the flesh i'm quite happy about that. Poor suspension and horrible interior are just a couple of the flaws it has, not to mention i'm yet to see a finished replica ferrari to fool anyone. Take a look at this mr2 conversion and do yourself a favour......... ;D ;D

I say yes and no in that case because sure you wouldn't have to swap in a Small block for go all you need is an aftermarket turbo for go and thats it but in the case where you need to modifiy the chassis for the body to fit the fiero is the best option because its much cheaper than the MR2 and the chassis is simple to rip apart and rebuild vs the MR2 where you need to do more modifactions than you should with the fiero. Look at the Lamborghini replicas, I have seen some great ones on fieros, non on MR2's (Except Extremes)

For ferraris for sure like the 355's are the best but for something that requres stretching i will take my chances with a fiero. Atleast I know I can swap on a small block for go.

MR2 Hands Down! Based on my Observations Most Fiero Replicas seem to go way over cost and seem to almost never get finished.

Quote Originally Posted by PiMPaLiCiouS
    MR2 Hands Down! Based on my Observations Most Fiero Replicas seem to go way over cost and seem to almost never get finished.
    Your observations are correct but it is not limited to Fiero's. Building a car is a costly venture at best to do it correctly and I would submit that most kits are unfinished because they run out of money and desire long before the cars are finished. I personally donít think it is limited to one brand only because it is the most popular platform used. In my younger days I have seen plenty of 55 through 57 Chevyís go to the bone yard for the same reasons.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I would not use a Fiero ever again for a kit car. Actualy if I get rid of the one I have now I will never own a Fiero again. They are bigger money pits than a real Ferrari
    www.kikkerbikes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Papaganush

Who cares what the interior looks like on a donor car?! Its going to get ripped out anyway. As far as the suspension goes, to build a kit-car properly, its the first thing that needs to be upgraded. Who cares how old the donor is? I would build a Lambo on a 40 year old Fiero as long as everything was in good shape. After the strip, theres not much left of the Fiero anyway. Whats next?- are you guys gonna start knocking Fiero's because they have copper wiring?
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by FF355spider
    I would not use a Fiero ever again for a kit car. Actualy if I get rid of the one I have now I will never own a Fiero again. They are bigger money pits than a real Ferrari
    so what do you mean? are you refering to a fiero as the complete donor? or did you replace the parts such as the engine,alternator,ac unit, suspension, brakes, completely new interior, etc and your still having alot of problems?

MR2 Turbo wins over Fiero.

I won't use the Fiero again.

My favorite for a 360 or Lambo is the Boxster.