Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need your Opionion on my My F355 Specs

Need your Opionion on my My F355 Specs

Okay everyone I plan to make a log of my Kit car. here's my overall blue print

1) Ordered F355 GTS kit from Extreme-sportscar ($7,000)

2) Just purchased 1993 MR2 as donor car ($2,200)

3) Northstar V8 Engine ( $1,400)

4) Toyota Sequential Manual Transmission (read about it here)http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/ro...smt/index.html

5) New interior ($1,500)

6) Ferrari 19" tires ($1900)

This is just a rough blue print. I just want to get some ideas and feed back on what I need or dont need.

Thanks everyone

Re: Need your Opionion on my My F355 Specs

i would add :

consumables $ 500,
    tools that make the job easier! $1,000

;D I would double the total !!!

Quote Originally Posted by STIQUE
    ;D I would double the total !!!
    On Ebay someone is selling a nice Northstar V8 for $1500, i'm sure with extensive searching one could find it cheaper

here a a list of really cheap 1991-1993 Mr2 donor you can negotiate the price with the sellers
    http://toyota.autoextra.com/model.php/mr2/1990-1994

The body kit is the mot expensive thing ($7k) is alot ,but hey you only live once right.

I would say about 15k-17k should be enough to get a nice looking and a nice performing daily driver.

15-17k is a small price to pay for an ego boost and getting hot girls

If you want to use a Northstar it would be a whole lot easier to use a Fiero donor, GM engine +GM chassis=easier swap. It's already been done and there is a lot of documentation on that swap.
    If your heart is set on the MR2 then you might look at the toyota/Lexus 4.0L V8. The Northstar is a wide engine and may not even fit in the MR2 engine bay. Unless you are an automotive technician with lot's of engine swapping and fabrication under your belt, you've long a long hard row to hoe. :'(
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFan
    If you want to use a Northstar it would be a whole lot easier to use a Fiero donor, GM engine +GM chassis=easier swap. It's already been done and there is a lot of documentation on that swap.
    If your heart is set on the MR2 then you might look at the toyota/Lexus 4.0L V8. The Northstar is a wide engine and may not even fit in the MR2 engine bay. Unless you are an automotive technician with lot's of engine swapping and fabrication under your belt, you've long a long hard row to hoe. :'(
    Thanks for your input. I will look into the Lexus 4.0L V8 instead of the northstar.
    Do you think it will work well with the Toyota Sequential Manual Transmission that I was thinking about putting in?

camry v6 fits and is tryed and tested, look on youtube for a 355 replica with a v6 init, or go for a turbo mr2

Quote Originally Posted by disilva
    camry v6 fits and is tryed and tested, look on youtube for a 355 replica with a v6 init, or go for a turbo mr2
    Wow the toyota 3VZ-FE engine sounds really good thanks for the heads up. It sounds as close to the real thing as you can get and it's a V6....
    here's the youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVSV1EVZF5k

I just ran the numbers on a Northstar swap. It is in the neighborhood of $6,000 when only paying $1,600 for the engine.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Don't forget to budget for paint. I know nothing about Extreme's kits, but you may also be needing Badges/emblems/ and lights.

By the way, if it were me, I would suggest AGAINST doing the drivetrain swap and the kit installation at the same time. I would treat each as a separate project, complete one, and drive it for a while before completing the other. To be humbly honest, if I had not tried to tackle both at the same time, I'd be on the road right now (granted in a 4 cylinder, but still on the road.) Best wishes with the project!