Thread: CNN replica Ferrari

Re: CNN replica Ferrari

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...MR2/MR2Sig.jpg<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.

Very old news but another beautiful replica.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I found some things weird in this clip.
    1. Ferrari claimed that the biggest difference in the 308 that they were showing was the engine. If I remember correctly the stock Fiero is almost as fast as a stock 308. I would even bet the handling is not to off either.
    2. Ferrari claimed that replicas have safety issues. I would rather be in a stock uncut Fiero in an accident over a 308 any day. The Fiero had a 5 star crash rating at the time. Who knows how the Ferrari did.
    3. Ferrari also claimed that replicas are a very small marker and do not tarnish the marque. It will be funny for a kit car lawyer to show that clip in court someday.

I own two Fiero's, a GT V6 and a Duke. I owned both a 308 and 328 gtb at some point and in relation to your comments I have to say:

1. Ferrari claimed that the biggest difference in the 308 that they were showing was the engine. If I remember correctly the stock Fiero is almost as fast as a stock 308. I would even bet the handling is not to off either.
    NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!!!! 308 hawls like crazy and handles as if it had a magnet underneath.

2. Ferrari claimed that replicas have safety issues. I would rather be in a stock uncut Fiero in an accident over a 308 any day. The Fiero had a 5 star crash rating at the time. Who knows how the Ferrari did.
    SAME RATING only on a much lighter car.

3. Ferrari also claimed that replicas are a very small marker and do not tarnish the marque. It will be funny for a kit car lawyer to show that clip in court someday.
    IT'S BEEN USED BY SOMEBODY BEFORE AND I UNDERSTAND, AS YOU STATE, IT WAS IN FACT VERY HANDY AT THE TIME