Thread: Why dontchu guys just not buy an NSX?

Why dontchu guys just not buy an NSX?

For the price of kit parts you can go with 91 nsx same day. Why do you decide to build a lambo rep?

Re: Why dontchu guys just not buy an NSX?

For the same price as an NSX I can have all my teeth removed and replaced with platinum teeth. Now the real question is... Why get an NSX when you can have platinum teeth?

Edit: Being sarcastic just in case somebody didnt notice!

Quote Originally Posted by Samuell
    For the price of kit parts you can go with 91 nsx same day. Why do you decide to build a lambo rep?
    Would only buy NSX for donor and build a Lambo replica on it.

I would purchase the NSX and drive it. Might change the rims but that's about it.

Love the design and reliability.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

While I am not building a lambo I thought I would throw an opinion out. Your question does have some merit but look at it this way:

I have never really liked the NSX. I have always loved the F40, I built a model of one as a teenager that took me months to complete. If you have always loved the NSX, go buy one and have a ball with our blessing.

I am now building a replica F40 LM that will take me two years plus to complete. Part of the fun of these cars is the building not just the driving. If the building was not fun, at least most of the time, then We would ALL be considered insane for wasting months/years of time on these cars. For what my car is costing me so far I could have easily purchased a late 90's nice Porsche and tricked it up. But...how often do you see a tricked out Porsche compared to how often will you see a car like mine when completed? And lets be honest, there have been a couple of times when my build has not gone well that the thought has run through my mind more than once that I could just go buy that porsche and sell my kit. But I know when completed it will all be worth it. And it will be a car that I should be able to repair anything on since I built it, no trips to a Honda repairshop and paying $60 - $80 per hour mechanic time.

And to answer you post on the other thread about 'fakeness': I will never try to pass my car off as the real thing, and as part of the pride I well tell folks flat out "no, it's not a 'real' Ferrari, I built this car from the ground up".

just my .02 worth

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

you did asked the same question on kitcentral, you have nothing else to do or what ??

how many forums did you placed the same question? do play in the sand box.

HI all,

Now this is a reallllllllllly good question! While I like the NSX, in fact it is one of my all time favorite interior designs, flows soooo nicely.....Every car mag that ever did a road test on it says it doesn't handle as well as you'd think though... Now go and build a kitcar while it'll cost around the same, all depending how authentic you wanna make it, as an NSX, with the kit you can get or superceed the real deal in performance, and as alot of sites advertise, "For half the price of a real one".

Like it's been said here, building the car IS half the fun, and maintaining the car is also alot less expensive, because you really know the car better than anyone you might take it too....... All in all, while I hate to bring up another topic that's been tossed around the industry ALOT...... With a kit you CAN have your a car that looks like your dream..... I once posed the question on ferrarichat.com, why do some kits, like a 250 GTO, or for the most part, a P/4 replica, recieve more respect than any other kit... As you can imagine it did not receive many replies at all.... Then I came back and said that, maybe a kit owner wants the thrill of owning something of their dreams...... This did however, attract one good comment! The thrill of owning a ferrari is in the motor and gearbox... Enzo ferrari has been quoted as saying: " Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in.... For what it's worth you can either follow a possible dream of owning a supercar like fiero, or you can buy that NSX....... The real question here is, which would you rather have? What is YOUR opionon here?

I guess we love making the impossible, probable.... Which is where the insanity in any car related build comes from... Yes, it is a sickness! ;D
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...