Thread: The ZORBA show car from Knotts is 4 Sale...

The ZORBA show car from Knotts is 4 Sale...

Thought you'd like to see the ZORBA mobile that was at Knotts recent Kit Car Show is now for sale:

He took some good pictures.... If you get close you can see many things that they took vast short cuts on and it is a decent FACADE.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repli...RCHQ3aUSQ3a101

Re: The ZORBA show car from Knotts is 4 Sale...

That's a beautiful car - is Triangle G the manufacturer? Top Gun?

A great looking car but.........................only a V-6 !?!
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

this going to be the most expensive 140hp car on the market (at least of the moment)
    55 THOUSANDS DOLLARS WITH NO ROOF AND WINDOWS? U GOTTA BE KIDDING, MAN!
    and i must say that 'zobra'(what are you thinking?) still fake lp640
    huh, i wouldn't like be the one who bought it

Who cares what engine is in there. The kit is complete and drivable. That would put this car into the 5% of all kits out there. Plus the car was assembled really well.

If I were a manufacture, I would only build stock engine kits. I would do this for two reasons. First, it makes getting the car registered the first time a lot easier. Second, picking an engine is like picking a religion. There are many engines that would be straight forward to install out there. So, I would like the buyer work out which one to install.

I was about to drop a 2004 3800SC Series III into my build, bought the engine and tranny for $2,500 (used) and after many hours and conversations with West Coast (they do 3800 swaps all the time) it was going to cost me upwards of $8 - 10K to make sure we had all the OE parts that the California BAR referees want in order to make it smogable. It turns out that the newer Series that would push $250 -270HP would have to have the ECU all reprogramed so I would not get any check engine lights because of all the extra's the newer cars have and I still was not guaranteed to be able to smog the car in the state of CA... no one has done this swap and I could see me spending the $3500 - 4,000 to get EO # for West Coast that they can uses over and over again but no discounts for me.. (I do not want to register it out of the state... (that car would get pulled over in CA ALL THE TIME) The smog referees I sopke to (SEVRAL TIMES) told me if the ECU reads 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix I would also have to register it as a Grand Prix and would need all the bells and whistles, also...this kind of build would not qualify as a Specially Manufatured car and if it did it would still have to pass smog every two years...so after much deliberation we decided to keep the 2.8L 6Cyl and will try to get 200HP out of that. After all it will be a light car so 200HP should push this baby along pretty good. It will save me a TON of headaches with the installers, a ton of $$$$$$ and I can still register it as a FIERO and am guaranteed to pass smog. So next time anyone want to bag on a 2.8L engine being put together and sold in CA know your facts. I know many builders in CA that will build a car for you pushing 400 +HP but if you want to register it in CA forget it. Most other states DO NOT have anywhere near the strict smog/swap issues as the state of CA has. Believe me I would have loved to get an engine that pushes 350 - 400 HP but in this great state it is not possible.... If I want to register and smog the car. For those of you looking to build or buy a replica... All I can say is do your homework in the state that you will register the vehicle.

I have seen many legal engine swaps here in California. Some went easily though the system, while others did not. I saw one 3800SC on a 5sp that the owner claimed that the BAR did not notice the transmission and passed the car in 30mins. Others have gone though BAR hell. When I sent my car to the BAR I was nice, polite and supplied as much paperwork as I can. I am not a fan of the BAR and this process, but those guys see a lot of crap and people try to sneak stuff by them everyday. I would get jaded in that job too. What gets me about the BAR is that they are not governed by laws that I can find. You are at the "judgement" of some tech.

Pennock's Fiero Forum for engine swap build threads
    http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/Ul...i?action=intro

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    Who cares what engine is in there. The kit is complete and drivable. That would put this car into the 5% of all kits out there. Plus the car was assembled really well.

If I were a manufacture, I would only build stock engine kits. I would do this for two reasons. First, it makes getting the car registered the first time a lot easier. Second, picking an engine is like picking a religion. There are many engines that would be straight forward to install out there. So, I would like the buyer work out which one to install.

Could you please elaborate on the phrase "Plus the car was assembled really well"? Did you see the car in person? I know the builder, and the whole car took just under 5 weeks. There is no way you can assemble one of these cars "well" in 5 weeks. Nothing (other than the stereo and speedometer) works on this car ( he even states he doesn't know how accurate the speedo reads). The car is pretty and looks good, but thats where it ends. He is asking $55K for the car. I'm doing a build for a guy right now, and just in parts its costing $38K. When this car is done though, it will easily fetch $80K. Everything will work. Batwings, spoiler, guages, dome lights, paddle shifters, power windows (custom made glass), power door locks, OEM interior and exterior door handles, WORKING SEATBELTS, body upgrades (to many to list),OEM windshield wiper, OEM grills and lights, door sills, right-hand gas fill, OEM replica dash, pod, instumentation, center console, door panels, speakers, OEM Lamborghini stereo, OEM replica WORKING a/c vents (not glued shut, and hooked up),OEM window and door lock switches, replica engine cover, shortened steering column, OEM Lamborghini steering wheel, etc, etc, etc.
    I'm not knocking the Zorba car or its builder. The paint is immaculate. The guy who painted that car is the same guy I use to paint mine. In pictures, the car looks great. in person, it leaves much to be desired. If your going to spend $55K on a car that is a stripped down fast build, where nothing works, send me the check and I'll build you a true replica, one that you will be proud to own and drive, and never feel like you didn't get your moneys worth.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Basically a re-bodied fiero, some looks and not alot of passion in the car. Guys, if you want a NICE car it's gonna cost ya! After 3 years of dinking with this car I know for a FACT that if you put a car together in that amount of time things are going to done as cheap as possible BOTTOM LINE.

Now the Zorba is not my taste, but see it for what it is. No real additions to the fiero just a outer shell.
    You get what you pay for buy cheap and you drive cheap!!

I am not done quite yet, but I know I am over 50k easy and I still have a little more to go! Man this says nothing of my labor to do all the small stuff that most builders would not do.

just my .02 worth

Well said MURCI-ME... after all you described there... Maybe I should just have you build me a replica

...You forgot OEM wheels too...

We are all looking forward to your unveiling. Can't wait to see your windows in. ;D