Thread: Best build I've ever seen!!!!

Best build I've ever seen!!!!

About 5 years ago I decided that if the people at Chevy could build a car out of fiberglass and others could make a 355 or a lambo from a fiero I would definately be able to build a set of custom door panels for my datsun 510...

So there I was - sanding, fill, sanding, priming, sand, fill, sand, fill.... and so on. finally and anxiously I got to that magic point when I'm waxing my plug to a gorgeous sunlit glossy shine, It resembled something you would see at Carlisle or SEMA with the reflection of the lights and hot supermodels gracing its deep, buttery finish it was truly a "Class A" finish.

I won't bore you with the details as I'm sure you all know the process...

So after I almost burned down my garage, lost my eyebrows (from a small explosion), got sick as a dog from inhaling MEKP, smelled up my entire house with resin fumes for what seemed like a week, I learned what it means to truly have an itch I could'nt scratch, I had epoxy that I literally had to let shed off my skin because no one told me to wear gloves!!!! I lost my first set of plugs because I used a second rate car wax as my "mold release wax", my shoes and clothes were trashed and I had to scrape the floor in my garage with a shovel to get the resin drops and puddles off the floor.

Needless to say that during my recovery I counted my knots, learned alot about myself and became addicted to the process and the idea that I could build anything. Since then I've built a ton of molds, sold alot of products and produced molds for others as well.

We all have skills in some way or another, maybe some of us can weld to pieces of metal like we're gluing popsicle sticks together, others are masters of FRP's and some of us are great with foam. I think I'm pretty good at what I do but this guy is taking car building to another level. His build truly embodies what it means to have a vision, patience, a goal, a dream and mad skills!!!!

www.joeharmondesign.com

Bobi1

Re: Best build I've ever seen!!!!

Wow, the car from the link above has sideskirts that are very close to the ones of my project Diabla. :P Interesting idea, a sports car made entirely from wooden? Even the rims are made from wooden. Can't wait to see the drivable car in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabla concept
    Interesting idea, a sports car made entirely from wooden? Even the rims are made from wooden. Can't wait to see the drivable car in motion.
    You should try that out.. You could have built two Diabla's by now if you built it out of wood..

Bobi1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ferrari
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabla concept
    Interesting idea, a sports car made entirely from wooden? Even the rims are made from wooden. Can't wait to see the drivable car in motion.
    You should try that out.. You could have built two Diabla's by now if you built it out of wood..
    No, thanks. Speaking of drivable sports cars, I prefer to stay with proven materials for chassis, suspension, body panels, rims etc. But wooden car for show is good idea though.

Who says you cant make a sports car from wood? ;D

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2006/...ny-sports-car/

Forrest

Wood for the win.. ;D

This cycle is pushing it though...

Well now! sometimes you gotta just ask yourself ..... why?

Ops....it's obvious you have never met, or even seen a redneck. It would have camo all over it if it were a redneck! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by turmite
    Ops....it's obvious you have never met, or even seen a redneck. It would have camo all over it if it were a redneck! ;D
    LOL! I think you have a point there with regard to the camo.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

And a holder for Dip. (chewing tabacco)