2 18.18%
  • bad

0 0%
  • terrible

6 54.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: perfect veyron replica

perfect veyron replica

I was wondering if any kit car makers thought of using a clay mockup of the veyron to pull molds off of. does any one think that this is a good idea ???.

Ethros

Re: perfect veyron replica

Quote Originally Posted by 2005 ford gt kit
    I was wondering if any kit car makers thought of using a clay mockup of the veyron to pull molds off of. does any one think that this is a good idea ???.

Amazing idea is you can do it, depends how skilled you are, unless you know someone whos going o let you make a mould on their veyron

clay is very hard to work with, and you need to be a very good sculpture to get it just right. but yes, you can pull monds off it. that is how 99% of cars go from paper to metal. To do it privately you are going to need a very good scale replica and a lot of detail photographs, cause no matter how good the scale is replica is, detail dont scale down well. It will be a long, hard and expencive process, but if you are the man to do it or know the right people that can, I can bet you that you will be able to sell the kits.

If you want to see how its done by the pro's with million dollar equipment, I saw this on discovery some time ago but only could find it in spanish, I believe, on the net. To see how they pull molds off the clay watch part 2 at about 7 and a half mins.

part1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUk7j...-8&sa=N&tab=wv

part2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdOgU...-8&sa=N&tab=wv

good luck

I can provide a very long list of small and large companies that will do this for you, all you need is deep pockets.The average full size clay that is balanced within 1.0mm without the use of CNC will set you back about $60 K , molds another $10 - 20 K . If you wanted a property that could develop closure/shut faces add another $30K

That said there was someone on this forum that offered a full service out of china for $20k or some figure like that

I was hoping i could buy the clay mockup from bugatti (car companys do sell them sometimes) plus i here porsche might buy out VW how ironic Germans taking over Germans. My point to saying that porsche might buy VW is that Bugatti is compitition for porsche so they might be willing to sell mockups of the veyron.

Carrera GT...super car...Bugatti Veyvon...Super de Duper car...
    I highly doubt they'd sell the molds for anything less than insanity for a car that set a production car record, is a marvel of engineering and design, not to mention the dozens of millions they spend designing and engineering it.

True but the also have perfect 1:3 scale clay models that bugatti makes themselves so a company could buy one of those for $50 and have it computer coppied for about $500 have the size full scaled and get full sized molds to coppy for about $20,000 to $30,000.

Ethros

True but the also have perfect 1:3 scale clay models that bugatti makes themselves so a company could buy one of those for $50 and have it computer coppied for about $500 have the size full scaled and get full sized molds to coppy for about $20,000 to $30,000.
    There is no way they will sell you the mould even a smaller version. These things cost alot and I mean alot

I have connections

Ethros

I have connections
    OK put it this way if you can get it then get it and I will pay for the full size moulds. So money where your mouth is and lets start rocking