Thread: first time kit owner

first time kit owner

G-day mates

geez I hate greeting people like that, But I'm Australian and it's expected of me ;D

Names Allen, I'm 25 and have become sick of seeing 30 other cars just like mine every day, I found this car on ebay and promptly snapped it up.

it's a fiberfab GT-15x avenger, I have located only one other in Australia with a 3rd possible after hearing one may have sold on Aussie eBay for au$20k

there may be a couple more here but have yet to locate them, but besides that we have never seen any others like it.

that's how it looked when the previous owner got it, has been since stripped down for a rebuild and currently awaits the right time after the design phase is closer to completion.

the basic idea is to cram as much state of the art wizardry into the vehicle as possible, and maintain flawless craftsmanship, and to try new and uncommon ideas to build my ultimate dream car.

there are 2 generations of car builders before me offering input and a string of intrigued local modifiers who have come forward offering their services to see this car completed.

a planned specs sheet will be attached later once some details are worked out.

cheers fellas, Allen.

Ethros

Re: first time kit owner

Looks like a good project, what did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

it looks like its on an old CAMERO base 71-74. It looks like a modified 69 camero on steroids .

Look forward to the mods and more pics Mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate
    Looks like a good project, what did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?
    au$300 8)

Quote Originally Posted by tdoyle11
    it looks like its on an old CAMERO base 71-74. It looks like a modified 69 camero on steroids .

Look forward to the mods and more pics Mate.
    kit was constructed in the 60's using a chev corvair chassis and driveline.

the rebuild will start with a custom chassis designed for a mid mount driveline. Plans to date are as follows.

Engine: toyota/Lexus 1uz-fe 4.o quad cam 32 valve vvt-i v8, twin turbo's, water to air intercoolers.

trans: gm 4L80e manualised, electronics removed, beefed for bullet proofing.

differential: corvette c6 or c6 differential (depending on availability, c6 preferred)

suspension: chassisworks front end, corvette rear, air can struts all round.

wheels: incubus paranormal, 18" front, 20" rear.

the other details integration of a carputer, complete fabrication of a dashboard from scratch, high end stainless switches, fittings, handles, and many others.

I'm currently looking for an after market lcd instruments binnacle that could work for the project.

wheelbase is also being lengthened and track widened

Ethros

what a bargain

thanks guys, looking forward to the project myself.

KORUPT: Are the Corvair parts still in your car?
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

unfortunatly no, the previous owner ditched most of them for a vdub chassis swap which never went ahead, I'm actually on the lookout for the front half of a corvair chassis.