Thread: New guy

New guy

Hello all, new guy here. Actually COMPLETLY new to building kit cars. I have built several high hp cars, including a 1000+hp supra and quite a few HIGH hp domestic v8's. Ive allways liked the idea of a kit car(and came close a few years back to getting a ultima "kit") but the ultima, by the time all was said and done was EXPENSIVE and the kits, to me anyway, used to not look very authentic. Moving forward to today however, many kits are VERY nice and look great.
    I do all my own machine work, engine, and fabrication BUT Ive never undertaken a "kit" car before. Im sure I will be asking a lot of dumb questions(after searching of course) so please bare with me.
    Plans are a Merci rebodykit over a chassiswrks chassis. Powerplant Id love to shove my spare supra motor in it, or a VERY nasty turbo smallblock ford I have now, but it seems neither is a very good choice. The supra engine, appears too long(although I might could work that out) but then it would HAVE to have a turbo/turbo's. The sbf turbo motor is just too much power(IMO ) in that light of a car(1100whp). Possibilities include a 4.6 DOCH or northstar. Im leaning towards the northstar but damn that sbf(detuned of course) would be FUN, just changing the hotside up a little(and fitting a a/a IC) would be a PITA, but would save me some money looking for an engine. The supra engine would be a dream in it(high rpm, etc..) and could live with it even at "stockish" power levels(450-500bhp)
    Anyway, keep an eye out for my build up and feel free to point me in the right directions.

Ill start my first question with where do you guys buy your wheels from? On ebay, most I find are OEM and PRICEY to say the least.
    Thanks in advance and look forward to being a active part of the forum!

Re: New guy

Yeah ebay or if you search other kit car forums you can find rims for sale.

Ethros

for wheels I get a genuine set or murci wheels for 1200 on www.pistonheads.co.uk always good for a start

Thanks for the tips guys! There are some VERY nice builds on this board!