Thread: Hey Italianknightrider!

Hey Italianknightrider!

There is a guy over at kitcentral that wants to lend out his lp640 tail light to someone that can reproduce it!!

Maybe that will help you?

Her is the link:

http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?...e2ca4739#45831

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Re: Hey Italianknightrider!

i will check with him to see what his time frame is
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Wow! I was all about donating my set for the good of the group but when I actually bought them I chickened out! Those are very expensive lights!!! Btw I was going to respond to the other thread but I forgot to, Those star patterns do not have Led's on them. I would say they are pieces of plastic with a foil finish on them. Even the bulbs on the lower strip are not Led's that whole assembly doesnt contain a single led!

I can take various up close high resolution photo's of them from all angles if you wish, but I dont have enough courage to have them destroyed!

I sent mine out to a place that does 3D laser imaging, and they came up with a file that I sent to a guy in China who says he can reproduce them. I'm just waiting for him to work up a price for them, but he tells me he thinks it will be in the $300-$400 price range each. Thats not bad, but you have to order 50 sets minimum.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

this is the digitized file of the inside of the light , they will be cut next week ,will post pictures in my thread in a few weeks the buckets will be plastic ,when i get the lense covers in this week i will post pictures ,an their will be a econo version
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    I sent mine out to a place that does 3D laser imaging, and they came up with a file that I sent to a guy in China who says he can reproduce them. I'm just waiting for him to work up a price for them, but he tells me he thinks it will be in the $300-$400 price range each. Thats not bad, but you have to order 50 sets minimum.
    Is that in China Yuan??????????????? That comes out to $43.6948 USD!!!!! That's just on set for $300... :-\

Bobi1

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    50x 300-400 USD sounds realistic. Total sum ~ 15,000-20,000 USD. The steel injection molds for all the plastic parts may cost them around 10,000 USD total, so the rest 5,000-10,000 USD are for materials and profit (50x 100-200 USD per set).
    What are basic dimensions of the tail light in millimeters? And how many separate parts it consist unassembled? I will use injection molded tail lights on my project, so I may ask some Bulgarian CNC shops to give me prices for this thing, too.

I would definitely take a second set for that little!