Thread: Does Hydrogen Conversion work for a normal car? Has anyone tried it?

Does Hydrogen Conversion work for a normal car? Has anyone tried it?

Check this out, In this article it states that you can hybrid your vehicle with gas and hydrogen. It states it can work on any car today. If thats the case I would like to make my build around this.. If you scroll down on the link under "Benefits" (Mid page I believe) It speaks of getting more horsepower from the engine due to less CO2 build up and more combustion being created by the hydrogen and gas compound. Other benefits include on average of 21% improved economy, some get from 15-50% depending on the way it was built and vehicle.
    http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/hydrogen/portal.php

What you guys think? Worth trying or total bs?

Thanks!

Ethros

Re: Does Hydrogen Conversion work for a normal car? Has anyone tried it?

It does work. I have a family member building a system at "Umist Manchester" Will keep you updated.

Search youtube for HHO and you will get hours of info. It is an interesting idea and some people claim good results but too many of these claims are made on 1 tank of fuel or even a couple of gallons. Cheap enough to try though.

Using hydrogen by extracting it from water in your car has been known to work very well as a supplement to your existing gasoline engines. There are some issues that must be worked out due to the engine computer and timing. If this is not done properly you will not benefit from a fuel savings. A company called hydrogen garage has many new kits available that you can build yourself. Other interesting gas saving options has been brought on by the Firestorm Sparkplug. Do some searches and find some good reading on this.

Macguyver do you have any articles about that firestone spark plug? Is there a specific name for it?
    Thanks!

As I understand, the real problem with hydrogen power is sourcing the hydrogen, not adapting your system to work with it. Apparently it costs more energy to extract the hydrogen than the fuel it produces. Also, don't forget about the volatility/safety issue.

On another note, I've heard of people using natural gas; you just adapt some fittings onto your home system, and fill the car's tank from there. Sounds like it's a lot safer, not as green, but could save you some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    As I understand, the real problem with hydrogen power is sourcing the hydrogen, not adapting your system to work with it. Apparently it costs more energy to extract the hydrogen than the fuel it produces. Also, don't forget about the volatility/safety issue.

On another note, I've heard of people using natural gas; you just adapt some fittings onto your home system, and fill the car's tank from there. Sounds like it's a lot safer, not as green, but could save you some cash.
    here is a guy in Clearwater, Florida making welders and plasma cutters using hydrogen. I have a friend of mine converting his Chevy SUV to propane gas using a hydrogen suplement. Other than the engine making a little noise, it seems to work well. He wants to use 100% hydrogen in the next year or so.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ukhan491
    Macguyver do you have any articles about that firestone spark plug? Is there a specific name for it?
    Thanks!
    Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abwXApkLhbc