Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Space frame

Space frame

ok, who know anything about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Ya8GGQ034

I am tempted to go this route instead of modifying the Mr2. What exactly is involved? Do they come with suspension? how about the steering system? I can live with it costing about 10K more then what I would spend on the Mr2. How about a steering system pedals etc?

Re: Space frame

Quote Originally Posted by Black Ops
    I do not know about in the USA .. but I would contact DC Supercars in the UK .. that have the space frame for Extremes Murcielago ...

http://www.dcsupercars.com/

Click on Products
    Click on DC 'M' series prices

I would really prefer the USA! Our weak dollar and the shipping will double the price it should cost! So if anyone knows anything contact me. BTW why do you only have 9 posts Black ops? I know I've seen you around for a while.

I dont even know what EV means! No I dont have a youtube account and his frame is for a convertable, but if it's not too much trouble to ask him where he got it I would appreciate it.

I wonder if I can name it "Lamborghini" when I register it, that would be huge!

EV I think means 'Electric Vehicle'.

Thanks much appreciated.

Ethros

Quote Originally Posted by Faker
    ok, who know anything about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Ya8GGQ034

I am tempted to go this route instead of modifying the Mr2. What exactly is involved? Do they come with suspension? how about the steering system? I can live with it costing about 10K more then what I would spend on the Mr2. How about a steering system pedals etc?
    Space frame chassis fully triangulated with steel fire wall & floor. 8 x wishbones & 24 x bushes. 22 plated bolts, washers and lock nuts. Fully bracketed for BMW V12/Audi or Rover V8/Renault. Another option is Chevy.
    Chassis can be Powder coated if required

4370.00 just under your 10k mark

Ethros

Quote Originally Posted by Black Ops
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate

Space frame chassis fully triangulated with steel fire wall & floor. 8 x wishbones & 24 x bushes. 22 plated bolts, washers and lock nuts. Fully bracketed for BMW V12/Audi or Rover V8/Renault. Another option is Chevy.
    Chassis can be Powder coated if required

4370.00 just under your 10k mark

Yeah that is from DC Super Cars ... I gave a link to them already ....
    Yeah I know just posted it saves him looking for it

There's a guy here in Atlanta GA that I spoke with a week ago that builds the chassis for the racing team that Patrick Dempsey drive for. I met him at the racing teams garage. He said the he could build a chassis for the Murci, but he didn't give a price... he'll need to know specifically all details before he can give a quote. As soon as I find his card, I'll PM you.

Black Ops...
    I'm currently working on a project to extend the range of EV's to 600+ miles on a single charge. If it works properly, you will be able to build a practical EV Murci. It may not have the speed of the Murci, but it will do 0-60 pass a gas station faster. (As you wave and laugh)

Have you seen this little EV set up? Would fit brilliantly in a kit starting form a space frame.
    www.pmlflightlink.com
    Look at the 4wd mini at the bottom
    It looks like it is a motor that goes directly onto the wheel hub making 4wd an easy possibility and uses braking energy to recharge as well as having built in ABS!
    Could be perfect if your building something from scratch - sorry to deviate from the main part of this thread...