Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best complete murc interior

Best complete murc interior

guys i will hopefully be in the market for a murc lp 640 coupe replica this time next year

i will most likely be going with murci-me as the builder from start to finish his work is awsome

the problem is i have never seen a replica with a complete interior was wondering if any of you guys

had some pics of a good full interior replica murc thanks

oh yeah almost forgot seen this on youtube check it out at 0:21 good shot of the interior looks great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw6a8lMoS28

Re: Best complete murc interior

Quote Originally Posted by joe_murc
    guys i will hopefully be in the market for a murc lp 640 coupe replica this time next year

i will most likely be going with murci-me as the builder from start to finish his work is awsome

the problem is i have never seen a replica with a complete interior was wondering if any of you guys

had some pics of a good full interior replica murc thanks

oh yeah almost forgot seen this on youtube check it out at 0:21 good shot of the interior looks great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw6a8lMoS28
    thats not a close to "good" interior on this one...they might look neat...
    but not great....switches and H gates at center console is not right.....
    and the steering is way too low away from the cluster....i mean if compare to the real one...
    this is just my 2cts....i'm still learning from others here...pls correct me if i'm wrong.......
    u might want to walk around and look for murci-me's jaw dropin' project...

I saw that car in person after it was built. The interior is not vey accurate as far as replicating goes, but the craftsmanship on the actual upholstery is excellent.
    When this car was built (just over a year ago), That was the best interior available. Since then, Steve (from Triangle-G), has come up with a better interior. Although his is still not 100%, its close enough for most people.
    I took one of these new interiors as a starting point for mine. I made the pod OEM, being constructed out of 3 seperate pieces like the original. I revamped the interior door panels, and made them to the OEM shape and features. I built a replica center console, with working glove box and map light. I've been able to locate OEM looking push button switches for the center console and headlight controls. The instrumentation in the pod is exact, and fully functioning with all the warning lights, turn signal indicators, seat belt warning lights, etc, all working. OEM paddle shift kits are available for automatic trans applications, along with the ride control center, located in the center console where the shifter used-to be. Although it isn't possible to actually make the ride control work on a car that is not equiped, the buttons are used for paddle shifter safety features.
    I'm very close to installing my interior, and will post pics as I go. You can purchase my pieces indivually, or as a package. They will fit the actual Murcielago, or the G-28 or G40.
    Without talent experience is worthless

thanks guys for the info

murci if everything goes as planed with your build when would you think she'll be road ready?

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    I saw that car in person after it was built. The interior is not vey accurate as far as replicating goes, but the craftsmanship on the actual upholstery is excellent.
    When this car was built (just over a year ago), That was the best interior available. Since then, Steve (from Triangle-G), has come up with a better interior. Although his is still not 100%, its close enough for most people.
    I took one of these new interiors as a starting point for mine. I made the pod OEM, being constructed out of 3 seperate pieces like the original. I revamped the interior door panels, and made them to the OEM shape and features. I built a replica center console, with working glove box and map light. I've been able to locate OEM looking push button switches for the center console and headlight controls. The instrumentation in the pod is exact, and fully functioning with all the warning lights, turn signal indicators, seat belt warning lights, etc, all working. OEM paddle shift kits are available for automatic trans applications, along with the ride control center, located in the center console where the shifter used-to be. Although it isn't possible to actually make the ride control work on a car that is not equiped, the buttons are used for paddle shifter safety features.
    I'm very close to installing my interior, and will post pics as I go. You can purchase my pieces indivually, or as a package. They will fit the actual Murcielago, or the G-28 or G40.
    u r my hero...
    if i get those from u, roughly how much will those "close to oem look center console, switches(lights, batwing, front lift up, reset switches at beside the cluster and so on) and a fully "blinkable leds replica LP640 cluster" cost me?

I got the glass for the side windows today, and they were wrong. They took the drivers side pattern and bent it to fit the passenger side, and vice versa. I called them and told them about it, and they said they'll get right on the new ones Mon. morning, and ship right away. So now its another 1 1/2 week delay on that. I've been at a total stand-still now for 11 weeks because of the glass. The rest of the body is ready for paint, but I cant seal up the doors until the glass is installed. In the meantime, I've been working on the new interior pieces, and the pod. I've also made OEM Murcielago door sills, and air conditioning control panel covers.
    Hopefully, if there are no more delays on the glass, it should be done by the end of August.

sc80,
    As far as the price of the pod, I'm not 100% shure of the price just yet. I'm still waiting to see what the guy is gonna charge me for the cluster graphics. The rest of the pieces should be fairly inexpensive, $50 for the shell, $220 for the insert, and about $235 for the circuit boards that the guages mount to,the plexiglass window and needle spacer, with all the wiring complete. I expect the guage graphics will cost about $75. So a complete working pod should be around $600 complete, just plug in and go.
    All these parts will also be available as a kit, so you can assemble yourself and save $. Same thing with the center console arm rest, finished and unfinished.
    The switches will be whatever my cost is, or I can send you the link, and you can purchase them directly from the manufacturer. They cost about $4 each. and you need 8 for the center console, and 5 for the headlight controls.

oh boy 2 months and counting i can't wait, will she be a daily driver murci?

sc80,
    As far as the price of the pod, I'm not 100% shure of the price just yet. I'm still waiting to see what the guy is gonna charge me for the cluster graphics. The rest of the pieces should be fairly inexpensive, $50 for the shell, $220 for the insert, and about $235 for the circuit boards that the guages mount to,the plexiglass window and needle spacer, with all the wiring complete. I expect the guage graphics will cost about $75. So a complete working pod should be around $600 complete, just plug in and go.
    will it fits toyota? or u mean the empty circuit board which exclude the meter's resister and such?
    ...i will built mine on a MR2...sorry to disapoint u...cause theres no space frame allow to be registered in my lousy country...theres also no fiero here too...
    the cheapest i can get for a mid engined is MR2 which cost me about USD15K for a first batch unit...yah...my country sux...
    boxster? forget it...it cost about USD70K~100K for an early model..... boxter S is much more expensive...
    i plan to fit in a 3.0litre toyota engine b4 i start building. sugestions and advice?

All these parts will also be available as a kit, so you can assemble yourself and save $. Same thing with the center console arm rest, finished and unfinished.
    The switches will be whatever my cost is, or I can send you the link, and you can purchase them directly from the manufacturer. They cost about $4 each. and you need 8 for the center console, and 5 for the headlight controls.
    in that case, how much do u tink the kit cost?
    switches at $4 each? serious? now u know wat is the tax rate in my country... a 2003 unit of used murc over here cost about USD600K.... nowonder the switch it self cost me about $40~$50bucks per piece over here....
    thank godness i found this forum......will need your help very soon....real soon....
    i tink i will buy some misc parts like switches and such b4 my project starts....
    tanx in advance...

I'm shure for the first few months it will be a daily driver, but only on short trips! The big problem living in So.California is that there are alot of jealous immature people. I see exotic cars all the time that have been keyed or vandalized in some way. Its just not safe to park it anywhere, even the parking lots say "park at your own risk". It doesn't matter where you go,- good areas or bad, you stand the same risk here.

sc80,
    From what I understand, Extreme is building a guage package that should work with the MR2. For the Fiero applications, the actual guages are included in the price listed.

I'm shure for the first few months it will be a daily driver, but only on short trips! The big problem living in So.California is that there are alot of jealous immature people. I see exotic cars all the time that have been keyed or vandalized in some way. Its just not safe to park it anywhere, even the parking lots say "park at your own risk". It doesn't matter where you go,- good areas or bad, you stand the same risk here.

sc80,
    From what I understand, Extreme is building a guage package that should work with the MR2. For the Fiero applications, the actual guages are included in the price listed.
    Here is a perfect example http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/331801/ This guy needs to be hit with a bat with some nails sticking out of it.

MM I am guessing you are using the fiero automatic transmission. How is this transmission about handling power, how much can it take? Any idea how much your paddle shifting system will cost, and will it be incorporated with the instrument cluster to light up what gears you are in? Sorry about your windows I cant wait until I see your car finished! Just dont get too excited and forget about us that need your parts!