Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replica chasis control arms? (Lambo)

Replica chasis control arms? (Lambo)

Hello all. This is my first post. A little background...

I was once involved in the Diablo build scene and had (still have) a build diary on the Lambo Lounge website. I have experience stretching the Fiero chasis, along with other Fiero chasis related fabricating. I also built a custom tube chasis frome scratch, including the jig required to build it. I have been away from the kit car scene for some time due to a career change and move that left me without a proper shop to work in. That's all changed and it's time to jump back into the game.

This time around I will be building 2 replica chasis' and installing the 3800SC/ Audi combo in each chasis. Welding and fabricating are a non-issue and I already have a 3800SC/Audi combo from my last incomplete build. I am using the BW chasis plans to build each chasis. What I require help with, is the control arm plans and dimesions to fit the replica chasis. I have nothing but photos at this time. I'm unable to contact NAERC because their site is down. ???

Does anyone have the dimensios for the replica chasis they are willing to share or sell? I would greatly appreciate it. I would very much like to fabricate all control arms so I can have them at the ready when each chasis reaches completion.

I can be reached at jcmckenna@shaw.ca or by cell phone at 250.315.5614

Thank you all greatly for your time, it's tremendously appreciated!

Re: Replica chasis control arms? (Lambo)

If someone sends these to him, can you please include me in your mailing list??? I am looking for the same and am exactly in the same condition...Thanks!!!!

juan.moco@hotmail.com

Well, if they're being slammed by Lambo (AUDI) and no longer are available to provide info, I doubt they will turn around and be in the mood to sue you, plus its not as if you didn't try and look them up. On the other hand, didn't they take it from someone else? I would feel no guilt trip in using this info if someone has it handy to share.

"Hummm....Yes your honor, I signed a contract with him not to share the info that I stole from Lamborghini many years ago, so since he has breached my contract, he has to pay me royalties for using "my" original design... that Lamborghini most likely should sue me for using with out having payed them royalties or given me permission to use, let alone share, but actually "sell" for very high bucks!!!" ;D
    Thanks!
    KCB

These are all good points. Contract or no, I'm not looking for something for free. I don't mind paying for the dimensions at all, be it NAERC or another forum member willing to help out. In fact, I would gladly share the information with all who require it, at no charge. These cars simply don't build themselves and I like to be as helpful as possible, simply because I feel I need to share what was shared with me. There are no other people out there like the kit car builders I have met over the years!

To anyone who might have the plans and wouldn't mind helping out, I can promise annonimity! As stated earlier, I don't mind AT ALL paying for the info. ;D If Ken were available, he'd be making money on the dimensions... ???

Thanks everyone! Keep the replies coming and this thread alive. Someone out there has the info and wants to help, I KNOW it!

jcmckenna@shaw.ca

We're getting closer to having the info we're looking for on the control arms. I just knew there was someone out there with the info!

maybe this is the only one alternative .
    http://www.racefabinc.com/mid-engine_suspension.htm
    If anyone has been bought it, please report me .

As Lambofan stated, I believe it's only a matter of time before the information seeps in and the control arms become a complete non issue. I also have complete respect for those who want to honor the contract they have (had) with NAERC regarding the dimensions.

I am an amateur draftsman. Together with two partners, we formed a company called AREA 5150. We have patents on several compound bow cams that we designed and plan on using on our very own compound bows. I am responsible for designing and drafting the cams and another partner is responsible for generating the Solid models and files required for CNC machining. The third partner owns Gulfcoast Archery out of Florida and is responsible for the testing and design change requests. It's a great system. If I'm able to gain enough dimensions to draft the arms using bushings that are readily available and spindles that are readily available, I'll have the drafts generated into models and files that can be shared with all and there will be NO contracts and NO CHARGE for the blueprints. They will be available to all!

jcmckenna@shaw.ca

If someone doesn't pitch in that info before you embark on this adventure of generating your own, please do keep me in your "to share with" list. I for one will greatly appreciate you sharing this info with me and others.
    Sincerely,
    KCB

DEFINITELY! ;D I want to see the control arms as readily available as the replica chasis prints. There would certainly be more body kits to sell for the manufacturers if builders were completing their chasis with no information limitations. I'm disappointed to hear Ken Esler and NAERC are no more... :-[

Thanks to an annonymous forum member, the rear control arm dimensions are now available. I will have the blueprints redone in a PDF format and make them available as soon as possible.

Still looking for the replica front control arm dimensions and the rear hub dimensions as NAERC has it. Of course, these will be reblueprinted and made available also. I'm bound by no contract and am more than happy to share the information.

C'mon... someone out there WANTS to share the "missing link" info!