Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: EXACT REPLICAS LAMBO GALLARDO REPLICA - News

EXACT REPLICAS LAMBO GALLARDO REPLICA - News

[center]Exact Replicas Limbo Gallardoo Spyder

Well itís nearly here! our take on the Mr2 Roadster kit!

I will explain a little bit of why we have done it this way.

Our goal from the offset was something simple to do and also that did not cost a fortune for people to complete. We found through feedback from our customers on issues they disliked about replicas and implemented them in this project. Especially the simplicity and usability of the car.

Why we chose the MR2 Roadster.

The MR2 has fantastic reliability, engine mods by various companies can make the car very fast if so desired, long wheelbase for a standard car, its also a spyder!, and more importantly its still a current vehicle for long life and a great choice for the builder.

The Build why this way?

What we wanted to avoid was butchering cars by cutting them, altering windows/chassis etc and also we didnít want mounting frames.
    At the end of the day what we have created is a simple fitting kit, just remove the panels of the roadster and replace with the Limbo panels. It literally can be done in a matter of a few hours, and with the builder knowing his true build costs from the start.
    We avoided the space frame build as the costs tend to escalate out of control from what is quoted. And again they tend to out of reach of what most normal people can afford.

Builders Choice

We understand other manufacturers will nit pick over what we have created, seems to be the strange way of the business of replicaís, but what we are here as a company to do is give the people out there more choice to keep their costs down which can only be good for the industry long term and themselves
    But these companies will appreciate the complexity of what we have created, making panels from one car bolt onto another and the sheer quality of the kit.

Accuracy

What we took from this issue was the following. DNA Automotive created the 3Sixty on an MR2 Roadster and in our eye is the best looking 3sixty kit out there, and a credit to themselves for creating it.
    For this Limbo project we did the same using the same donor, we bought fibreglass panels taken from the original car which ended up being un useable because of the shocking quality, so we resorted to buying original panels, moulding them and then get them to fit the MR2 roadster, with as little changes as possible and more importantly no alteration of the donor car. Purists may not like that we have not moved the window but as stated above that was our reason for not doing it, if someone feels thatís the way they personally want to go we can supply an original fitting bonnet but remember the issues you will have with wiper motor, dash placement, heater hoses and safety etc.
    But maybe high skill individuals can get round that.
    But what it still does is create a stunning super car

Costs

The main items are as follows. The kit will retail at £6500 for the complete panel set.
    The headlights are replicas of the originals and will cost £400 approx for the complete set. The wheels you see are 19Ē VW Gallardo replica alloys they cost anywhere from £500-£880, so all in all it makes it a very cheap build,

How long to go?

The car you see is approx 2 weeks from completion.
    The bonnet lines etc have to be profiled, the headlamp pod mounts fitted.
    The rear section has to be profiled up to the cockpit of the car; it keeps the full length engine deck.
    Once this is done the car will be fine finished and the fully painted before the moulds are taken from the car giving you a perfect finish.
    We are expecting it ready for sale in 6 weeks.
    The project has taken us 5 months from start to finish, that gives you an idea of how good the guys who built it are, as they have been working on the 308 also!!!!

Summing Up

What we wanted was to give the customers the choice of another kit on the market. A simple kit, that even a very low skilled person could put together. We wanted to keep the price sensible so people could achieve a build without having to dump the project or sell it unfinished as it was costing too much or it was too difficult to do.
    We feel we have achieved this.
    In the end its down to the individual what way they want to go with a project like this, all we are doing is giving them more choice and ideas of how to spend their hard earned money.

PS The scribble you see on the car is where the scuttle panel will be!!!

Finally!

Thank you very much indeed to the people who have called, mailed and visited us during this process and you will see we took your comments on board, we would not have a business if it wasnít for you people.
    More pictures coming in the next couple of weeks.
    Further info can be found at the website

[url=http://[color=red]www.exactreplicas.co.uk

Re: EXACT REPLICAS LAMBO GALLARDO REPLICA - News

EXCELLENT-EXCELLENT-EXCELLENT work guys!!!!!!!! Since I am here in the U.S.A., help me out with the money conversion. How much would it cost in USD, and what do you think it would cost to ship to So.California,USA.?
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    EXCELLENT-EXCELLENT-EXCELLENT work guys!!!!!!!! Since I am here in the U.S.A., help me out with the money conversion. How much would it cost in USD, and what do you think it would cost to ship to So.California,USA.?
    Double it! Pounds are double!!! 6500 pounds is 13,000 usd

Hi there,
    Yes that comes to 13,000 US....The poor US don't have a very good Exchange rate at the moment
    Thanks for the comments

When you guys are ready to sell, give me a shout. I love the non-spaceframe idea.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Yeah no worries, As I said the time scale is less than 3 weeks to finish the car and the moulds will be from that, which doesn't take too long
    As for the shipping to the states we shipped a couple of 355 kits their earlier this year so it will be no problems just mail us your address for a shipping quote

On exact replicas websites it states that there only making 15 kits.

Shipping costs are about $1100 (depending on carrier) and then the cost of a crate.
    Merci-me, if you need the docs and some importation advice PM me. Think I owe you one!
    Munky

Hi there, Yes that's correct 15, the reason is we have quite a few orders take for the 355, also with the 308 just about finished it keeps us going for the next good while, and what we don't want is people waiting too long for their kit, so hope that explains the reasoning behind it all