Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current 360/430 Replicas not Being Loved by Real Ferrari Owners

Current 360/430 Replicas not Being Loved by Real Ferrari Owners

Do real Ferrari owers hate Ferrari Replicas? You'll be the judge: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=206625

IMHO: I kind of understand their grief about replicas. I dont' condone it though. Even one forum member suggest to save to buy a real ferrari but, in all honesty for how long do you need to save to own a real 360 or a 430? How about tune ups?

Re: Current 360/430 Replicas not Being Loved by Real Ferrari Owners

I understand their comments. But like we have all talked about before, there is something to be said about being able to build a car than to just go buy one. I have no problem with either sides really, although I only have ever known a few exotic car owners and they never seemed to care that I wanted to build one of my own.

Doesnt bother me any, as i know they will never say anything to my face about my "fake" car
    355 Build progress&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; http://www.kosracing.com/projects/Fiero/<br />http://www.pocketbikeuniverse.com/bannerkos.jpg

you have to take it as it comes, but the funny part is that the have too much free time. Why is that guy looking for a replica anyway???
    Is he trying to be a "pretender" It is obvious that they dont knw what it takes to build a top notch replica, many times our cars come pretty closse to the cost of theirs, but with one major diffrence.... we can actually drive ours more than 1000 miles without a major service!!!

Wait....

that might be why they are mad ;D

how many of these members actually on that site own a ferrari or even a car

I can understand where they are coming from but they dont need to be such snobs just cos they own the real deal, I guess owning a real Ferrari does not make up for lack of personality.

So of us COULD own one if we so choose to....I would post it on there but I donít feel like getting into so high school thread match where we pull it out and see who is bigger...HAHA.. One thing is for sure...When I want to drive a car fast and handle on rails...I drive my Vette.. no need to spend the extra $150k or so..even Top Gear admitted it performs better then ALL the Ferraris on there track...but they did put it down being made of plastic.. NO love for GM but you can't deny the performance form a Vette.. And to the people who are reading this from that forum...Who REALLY ask to see each others engines?? It sounds like the next question would be to see whatís under them pants!!! HAHA

how many people who own a ferrari have built thier car,i think none,because money is no object,the running costs alone take it out of most peoples reach.8 mile a gallon,how much for cambelt change,how much for a ful service,which without a full histery the car loses massive amounts of money,clutches,breaks,tyers.insurance.conclusion.t hese people are miffed,they cant afford to get thier car out the garage,or put miles on the clock.when i build mine it will be built by me,serviced by me,nothink to run in fuel,nothink to insure.and i will be putting lots and lots of mileage on it,every day.and if my son helps like he said,he can use it for work .edd

what planet is the person who did the last post from he can not be for real

quote from the site :

oh no i will have to get rid of my 430 and get daddy to buy me a 599 instead i was already thinking of doing this but know i will for sure how could these people get away with this. It was only last year daddy upgraded me to the 430 because of the 360 replica. The boys at college took the micky for weeks then daddy got me a baby blue 430 now they will take the micky again when they find out about this oh the shame!!!

I am to mortified to sleep what shall i do?

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsend
    So of us COULD own one if we so choose to....I would post it on there but I donít feel like getting into so high school thread match where we pull it out and see who is bigger...HAHA.. One thing is for sure...When I want to drive a car fast and handle on rails...I drive my Vette.. no need to spend the extra $150k or so..even Top Gear admitted it performs better then ALL the Ferraris on there track...but they did put it down being made of plastic.. NO love for GM but you can't deny the performance form a Vette.. And to the people who are reading this from that forum...Who REALLY ask to see each others engines?? It sounds like the next question would be to see whatís under them pants!!! HAHA
    Thats cool, why the big price difference? In Jeremy's words 'if a Martian came to earth you would have the devils own job explaining why'.

I drive a 180mph car already and it probably cost a 10th of the price, thats my daily runner. I just build the 360 replica for my own enjoyment, plus the sense of achievement after its finished and I wont be telling anyone its real.

What really upsets me is their wishes for Ferrari to shut down the replica manufacturers. Some of them seem to be willing to call Ferrari and warn them about these impostors that might steal their sales! I will be honest with you. I was in that military and saved money to buy the Ferrari I knew about the most; The 308. I bought one, and have it for about 4 years. It was a very enjoyable until it was time to service it. it was so expensive that I sold it to a Dr. that I believe still got it. My next move? got a 308 replica adn ejoy every minute of my ownership. No one ever ask me if it was a replica or to show them the engine! I sold it because i got unemployed due to the ecomomic turmoil in my country is going thru. I really wish that these companies can continue to provide us with a way to own and drive daily our dream cars. I am once again saving money to buy me an F car but a Replica F! Can't wait to finish the build and go to the local Ferrari dealership and show my 3Sixty! I just hope that the manufacturers can survive a little bit longer.