Thread: why are there no old kits?

why are there no old kits?

why is there a lack of old style kits, the ones like the 250 gto's, old ferraris in general, there also some nice alfas , aston martins etc. i think you could get away with more discrepancys with accuracys as less people have something to compare it with.

Re: why is there no old kit?

There are 250 gto replicas (coupe and roadster) as well as porsche 356, 550, and 904 replicas, cobra, gt40, and daytona replicas, jaguar e-type, d-type, and prewar replicas, mercedes gullwing and roadster replicas and many, many more old replicas so I don't exactly understand what you mean.
    Scott

I think he is asking why we never see them for sale. I believe he is thinking as I with the outrages prices of the new kits give me an old 355 $3000.00 splash kit please. At least it is something we can afford to build. There is no way I will pay 6 to 12 k for a fiberglass kit car body it is not worth the money. I paid 6k for my last one and lost my rear when I sold it and it was the best kit out. Even the old 308 kits are not around. A few years ago a new 308 was around 3k. If Not what you are thinking I got my venting out and sorry jajajajajaja.
    www.kikkerbikes.com

If you check e-bay you can't miss them. They out number the "new" kits 4 to 1. You can also still buy most of my examples new from several different manufacturers.

it seems that all the new kits are of new or current models, there isn't any kit makers doing the old style cars any more, who has bought out recently a kit based on an old classic?

Quote Originally Posted by disilva
    it seems that all the new kits are of new or current models, there isn't any kit makers doing the old style cars any more, who has bought out recently a kit based on an old classic?
    Norm has a new old car kit. I found a place that sells 288 GTO bodies for building racecars I was thinking very hard on this but all body parts are over 7k to much for a fiberglass body so I blew it off. There was a guy in Oklahoma selling new 308 kits but I do not know if he still does or not.
    What car are you looking for?
    I did not mention the GT 40 here from Lonestar but it is 18K
    www.kikkerbikes.com