Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US MR2 Replica kits?

US MR2 Replica kits?

I'm trying to get into the kit car world, and I 've done a bit of research, but I figure I would ask here. What companies offer replica kits for the MR2 that are located in the US. I know there are a couple in the UK, but I figure it would be easier buying inside the country. I'm open to both common replicas [ferrari/lambo]. I'd appreciate the help, just tired of serching! ;D

Re: US MR2 Replica kits?

It doesnt make any sense that you will not look at a company in the UK. The UK companies make THE BEST KITS, and THEY MAKE THE BEST KITS FOR THE MR2. Several members here on the forum have purchased MR2 based kits from the UK and have had absolutely NO PROBLEMS.Currently your best deal would be the DNA 360 they are having a sale on the kit right now... http://dnaautomotive.com/home.html

The DNA kit is probably the easiest kit to assemble on earth and you would be doing yourself a serious injustice not to seriously consider it. Don't be scared of alittle shipping.

Maybe you are doing some SNOOPING for someone, maybe you are trying to get info... whats up???

i would recomend the 360 by dna ,not any other makers 360 though,they are all fraught with danger and car cutting,if its lambo then that exact gallardo has to be the one everyones raving about at mo "just seen all the latest pics,lambo doors fitted-standard door configarations-its a fantastic looking thing"goodluck

we can ship direct

US based replicas are built on fieros for the most part, and the UK based ones are built on an MR2. I don't own any of these but from what I have learned here, would go for a kit from the UK if you pick an MR2. Goodluck.

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroTT
    I'm trying to get into the kit car world, and I 've done a bit of research, but I figure I would ask here. What companies offer replica kits for the MR2 that are located in the US. I know there are a couple in the UK, but I figure it would be easier buying inside the country. I'm open to both common replicas [ferrari/lambo]. I'd appreciate the help, just tired of serching! ;D
    Just one guy who makes a Ferrari 360 Kit happens to be in Florida.
    Incidentally, he happens to be British.

We can also ship direct to the US.

Nope, no snooping. Don't be quick to snap off, I'm new with these cars/kits. Shipping was my only real concern. I figured it would be alot more cost effective if there was an american maker.

When I first looked into the kits I never realised how much work and effort is put into these. I don't feel I have the skill or experience to build anything more than an MR2 MK3replica like the gallardoo or 4firty replica.

What do shipping charges run generally ?

And would you care telling me who the man from florida is? any Website?

Sorry guys, I'm asking about the MK3 based kits, nothing like a fiero based car. something with little or no cutting involved to get started.

I'm obviously biased as I love my DNA360 ;D
    Shipping is no problem and runs to roughly $1200 give or take $200 - including crateing.
    Exacts replica seems to be coming on well and should be worth a look.
    DNAs4firty is looking very very fine with an even easier build (is that possible???) than the 360. Might be quite a queue for one though.
    Extremes Merci looks fantastic and is also based on the older S2 MR2 but is a bit more of a complex build.
    Finally if the pound to dollar rate is a little too streaching, Dave Jones makes an excellent GTA (360 coupe) based on the older S2 MR2 which is another newbie biased build.
    Ok, I admit that none of the above is going to convince a Motortrend journalist (except maybe the Merci) but if your willing to give it that extra bit of time and care during the build it will fool most people.
    DNA originally got a hard time as dimension X wasn't right and the same with Exacts windscreen placement and Dave Jones roof lines etc etc but I'm so glad these companies didn't take it to heart and stopped what they were doing.
    This is such a good time to be building with so many excellent kits out there for the likes of us newbies!

A web site on 360 kits in florida www.MiroVivo.com