Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Only MR2 Kit from USA...

The Only MR2 Kit from USA...

If you guys remember MR360kit.com
    The only MR2 based car based out of America happened to be built by a British Bloke out of Australia.
    For security, the site has been taken out, but PM me for more information and his contact details, guy seems genuine and knows Mike (Car Fact.)
    Guys please refrain from posting info here as Audi has been tapping on this site and Newbies do not even bother >

Re: The Only MR2 Kit from USA...

Funny how in Australia, I can't get mr2 based kit myself. Local authority just wouldnt allow that much chopping.
    I guess thats why he released it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintertail
    Funny how in Australia, I can't get mr2 based kit myself. Local authority just wouldnt allow that much chopping.
    I guess thats why he released it in there.
    The Aussie authorities are not very fond of kitcars but I am sure there are ways to work around this anomaly.

I question why the site is down. I would bet is has nothing to do with Audi or any manufacture. Have you ever noticed that no one has ever posted a cease and deices letter for building fiberglass parts? I understand if you use the company logo, but not for parts.

The guy has moved to Florida...PM me if you are interested in the kit and I might just give you the details.
    Maranello has been calling in to America and I have heard Europol/Interpol are getting involved now...

sad though it is to have to admit it guys,"most u.k based makers of kits just take up the old osterich attitude,stik your head in the sand it will go away"!! but there are dark goings on even here in the uk at the mo,
    while at a track day in uk last week i did hear a senior uk audi exec talk about the lamborghini situation in the uk ref replicas,and how they are not going to tollerate it for much longer,he was especially unhappy about some companies boasts to have moulded from a REAL CAR!!!"real smart move"he also mentioned a ferrari 430 product that he knew without doubt that ferrari u.k were looking at and will deal with,!!!so i guess as we all knew times are changing!!! maybe the u-s-a wont be the only hard hit place soon.

Quote Originally Posted by alpina-ferrari
    sad though it is to have to admit it guys,"most u.k based makers of kits just take up the old osterich attitude,stik your head in the sand it will go away"!! but there are dark goings on even here in the uk at the mo,
    while at a track day in uk last week i did hear a senior uk audi exec talk about the lamborghini situation in the uk ref replicas,and how they are not going to tollerate it for much longer,he was especially unhappy about some companies boasts to have moulded from a REAL CAR!!!"real smart move"he also mentioned a ferrari 430 product that he knew without doubt that ferrari u.k were looking at and will deal with,!!!so i guess as we all knew times are changing!!! maybe the u-s-a wont be the only hard hit place soon.
    True that - Besides UK is way smaller ( size - wise ) than America and most of the Kitcar makers are located close to each other which will make it easy for the manufacturers/lawyers to go after them, besides massive shows like the one at Camden and Donnington, where everyone display "their" wares, will only make it easier.

NYJATT - I sent you a message about a week ago about this, did you get it? i dont see it in my outbox at all, all of a sudden.

hit me up

a good point well made,ive stated often on threads on here though,in the uk we do have trading standards,these are the people who will probbably do more damage to the mainstream kit companies in uk than anything,going to shows with big fancy stands,all trademarks openly being infringed is a storm waiting to break!!!
    also people on forums such as this stating things like "the replica is better than the original "can only rub up the backs of the real rights owners more than anything,and these guys wonder why they get shut down and hounded ?????

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroTT
    NYJATT - I sent you a message about a week ago about this, did you get it? i dont see it in my outbox at all, all of a sudden.

hit me up
    I had replied to your message...Anyways, to answer your questions - YES !