Thread: Noob...

Noob...

Hello all,

I'm the new guy. I've been visiting the board for about a week now and decided to join. I'm new to kit cars. I've modified my little Honda Civic a little bit, but nothing compared to the level of skill I've seen it take to build a kit car. Plans are the DNA 3Sixty kit for the MR2. Iím currently in college and majoring in Mechanical Engineering (hope it comes in handy somewhere along this journey). I will also be picking up some welding classes along the way to learn how to weld, as I can see knowing how to weld can most definitely help. Any pointers you guys can provide will most definitely be appreciated. Happy to join the board, as I can see there is a wealth of knowledge available here.

Cheers!

Re: Noob...

Welcome aboard.

Re: Noob...

Quote Originally Posted by nerd
    Hello all,

I'm the new guy. I've been visiting the board for about a week now and decided to join. I'm new to kit cars. I've modified my little Honda Civic a little bit, but nothing compared to the level of skill I've seen it take to build a kit car. Plans are the DNA 3Sixty kit for the MR2. Iím currently in college and majoring in Mechanical Engineering (hope it comes in handy somewhere along this journey). I will also be picking up some welding classes along the way to learn how to weld, as I can see knowing how to weld can most definitely help. Any pointers you guys can provide will most definitely be appreciated. Happy to join the board, as I can see there is a wealth of knowledge available here.

Cheers!
    Welcome to the Forum. There are several people actively building cars on this site. It is a hands on experience. You will find many people are willing to help you with your projects. Please be careful of some people selling bodies, rims, engines, etc. for big money. We seem to be having an abundance of them lately. So if you want to do business without being face to face with them, look at the Consumer Opinions for approved vendors to hedge your experience.

Once again, Welcome to the Forum.

Regards,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.