Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: extreme problem

extreme problem

Im near the end of my build and im stuck now,extreme 355 kit which looks great ,i,ve put lotus led lights on the back and fiat coupe headlights,the problem is the coupe lights didnt look right and i want to change back to original lights but have cut up headlight brackets extreme supplied me ,i,ve tried to get them off extreme tru phone calls and email but no one has got back to me,is there anyone here that could send me templates of the two plates plus the two brackets.I really want to finish and drive this car before the summer has ended,please help me out my number is 085-1438-177 cheers

Re: extreme problem

Quote Originally Posted by grahamf355
    Im near the end of my build and im stuck now,extreme 355 kit which looks great ,i,ve put lotus led lights on the back and fiat coupe headlights,the problem is the coupe lights didnt look right and i want to change back to original lights but have cut up headlight brackets extreme supplied me ,i,ve tried to get them off extreme tru phone calls and email but no one has got back to me,is there anyone here that could send me templates of the two plates plus the two brackets.I really want to finish and drive this car before the summer has ended,please help me out my number is 085-1438-177 cheers
    we have read your email and responded asking for your detail to check our records, the problem is we get a lot of people ( not sugesting your one of them) ringing asking for various bits or parts of the kits,
    if you apreciate some of these people may not have even bought anything from us or may be using it to complete another kit
    they bought elswhere or indeed have made themselfs, please email me again if you require anymore info

Hi extreme,thanks for getting back to me ,i,ve sent you an email

Quote Originally Posted by EXTREME
    we have read your email and responded asking for your detail to check our records, the problem is we get a lot of people ( not sugesting your one of them) ringing asking for various bits or parts of the kits,
    if you apreciate some of these people may not have even bought anything from us or may be using it to complete another kit
    they bought elswhere or indeed have made themselfs, please email me again if you require anymore info
    So what I see Extreme is saying is that they have no interest in helping out anyone else but someone who has bought a complete kit from them. Boy that is pretty darn arrogant of them to think that they have the only 355 kit out there worth anything. If you are considering becoming an Extreme customer, remember that they are not the only game in town, and the unwillingness to help out a fellow kit-car forum member is noteworthy to say the least. I do know that other fiberglass car manufacturers are more than willing to help in a time of need, even if you didn't happen to drop all your $$$ with them. Shame.

If things are as they appear (and they rarely are), it sounds a little petty to me. So, we are to believe this guy's money and patronage are not important or, no good with these guy's? That would speak volumes about the company's opinion of the kit car builders at large. I look forward to hearing the conclusion of this guy's predicament. I suspect Extreme or one of the other suppliers will be more than willing to make the sell and receive the gratitude of this buyer, and the additional good PR that results.

Personally, if I was a kit manufacturer, I would surely assist my clients first before other clients who have purchased the kit elsewhere.

Extreme seems to be so busy that he seems to be struggling to reply promptly to his own clients. Although he does reply and assist as soonas he can. However, if he is so busy, how will he put someone else before his own clients?

As per his reply, He is saying that you CAN contact him or visit him regarding the parts you need, he is not refusing to supply to you.

I am in the CCTV Game, as we're the best in the country here. MANY times we receive phone calls from clients who have been messed about other companies, and we make an appointment to go out anf fix their mess (at a premium charge of course), however, if my current client requires my assistance first, he will receive priority service...after all it's my product, my name and my client which comes first...

well said, i agree

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariXXXman
    Quote Originally Posted by EXTREME
    So what I see Extreme is saying is that they have no interest in helping out anyone else but someone who has bought a complete kit from them. Boy that is pretty darn arrogant of them to think that they have the only 355 kit out there worth anything. If you are considering becoming an Extreme customer, remember that they are not the only game in town, and the unwillingness to help out a fellow kit-car forum member is noteworthy to say the least. I do know that other fiberglass car manufacturers are more than willing to help in a time of need, even if you didn't happen to drop all your $$$ with them. Shame.

We are not prepared to help people out in the manufacturing process of new kits, we spend a lot of time and money not just to sell the parts we have developed to other kit manufacturers to make there job easier

Ok guys, I now feel like i need to explain myself. I got my extreme 355 kit tru mirrorfinish who was an agent for extreme a couple of years ago and not long after i got it my wife became pregnant,so i had to put it on the long finger.I can understand where extreme is coming from not wanting to supply parts to non customers but i am and just want to finish my car,I hope this clears everything up

Quote Originally Posted by Elexceed RS
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariXXXman

This happens in a lot of companies not just extreme, The two major Lamborghini Companies in the UK, Parallel Designs and DC Supercars will not sell parts to their cars to you unless you have bought their kit.

Parallel Designs at one stage were trying to sue DC Supercars, because DC Supercars had Diablo 6.0 Tail Lights on one of their Roadsters that Parallel Designs said was bought from them and copied.(Third Party Information)

I have read stories of guys that have bought DC Supercars Diablo Roadster and have been trying to buy parts from Parallel Designs and Parallel Designs have refused to sell them any parts, claiming the parts will be given to DC Supercars to be copied.

So nothing new there.
    I don't know the UK law but that is about ridiculous. Here in the US you have no legal rights if the product or concept was obtained illegally (copying someone else's part for instance). Parallel designs broke the law copying the part, they have no legal right to it if it was an exact or replica part. This reminds me of the same situation with NAERC chassis plans contract, they went on the website said it was an exact copy of Lambo's chassis and had you sign a contract that you sould not re-sell the plans. The contract was null and void. It would be like a written contract between two bank robbers about how they would split the money after the job.

Sorry for getting off on a tangent. Every company has their own policies. I don't mind selling parts. I just can't interrupt production of parts for a client who IS buying a whole body. Parts business will get squeezed in as time permits, may be a day or two, may be a month or two.