Thread: What is reasonable price for kit car?

What is reasonable price for kit car?

Lets look at diablo replicas couse complete murci kits ain't avilable yet.
    The price for stock fiero diablos goes usually around 40k. FORTY THOUSANDS DOLLARS for 100$ car with 10k body kit.
    With new engine usually 3.8 GM and detailed interior price goes up to 60k. its 30k less then real 91 diablo and i have seen some turn keys offered for 90k+ its just ridiculous

Who can bring some light on price forming? Thanks

Re: What is reasonable price for kit car?

91 Diablos are getting cheapier..correct...But, what are you going to do when the fiirst oil change cost you $2000 and the clutch goes out in 5ooo miles and thats another $7000.. Just somethign to think about.. I have said it often, but its worth saying again..Some people here can bu a real car..But refuse to pay the high maintence cost that goes with the real car..

Quote Originally Posted by Samuell
    The price for stock fiero diablos goes usually around 40k. FORTY THOUSANDS DOLLARS for 100$ car with 10k body kit.
    With new engine usually 3.8 GM and detailed interior price goes up to 60k. its 30k less then real 91 diablo and i have seen some turn keys offered for 90k+ its just ridiculous

Perhaps Im the only one that is getting what your saying/doing. We get that the kit that gets you wet is not a replica(or so you say). Your fine with that, and were fine with ours. Try not go about what your trying to do is such a negative way

Quote Originally Posted by Samuell

First you cannot build a nice Diablo for $40K, I invite you to try. Second if you buy a real one you cannot enjoy it. Every mile depreciates its value a lot, they are a maintenance nightmare. Within 10K you will likely have to replace clutch, and various other items and in less than 20k miles you will likely have to rebuild the engine. Our cars are similar in cost but are built to be enjoyed, drive it where ever, a ding here or there can be repaired without depreciating it value by $20k. As far as the cost, a $1k fiero, $10K for a body, another $10-15k and parts (trying to go cheap) and 2500 manhours at whatever your labor rate. You do the math.