Thread: New to the Industry, any advice/suggestions?

New to the Industry, any advice/suggestions?

I'm pretty new to the Kit Car Industry (i've been looking into it for a month now). I've been considering a Lamborghini LP640 replica. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on kits for this model? I've looked at a couple different websites but I haven't made a decision yet. I'd prefer to see a couple different kits in person and make the comparison myself. If you have anyone to refer me to it'd be much appreciated (i'm on the west coast).
    I'm not completely sure what exactly needs to be done to get the car fully operational. If anyone has any experience with this model or any of the other newer Lamborghini Model (ie Murcielago, Gallardo) replicas, i'd like to pick your brain . I understand that a stretch would need to be done on the donar car, but between that and getting the car to turnkey status i'm pretty clueless. I'd have a bunch of questions regarding the process and steps to take.

Re: New to the Industry, any advice/suggestions?

strip fiero, stretch fiero, widen suspension, mount body, install doors, then all lighting, custom exhaust, custom brakes optional, install interior, paint. lot of extra work involved in all of these steps!

as for advise-- only buy from known forum members, anyone else is probably a scammer :-\

I would strongly suggest looking towards Georgia! John Watson, you will NOT be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    as for advise-- only buy from known forum members, anyone else is probably a scammer :-\
    :'( Do you really think this is all there is? I reluctantly participate here and there are lots and lots of other worthy venders who do not even know this site exists. Do to a bunch of petty comments and wiseguys who will never buy anything others that do know about it, do not participate, not because they are scammers. Now don't take offence, that comment was not intended for you, I know you have bought and are building. But if you look at the posters here, especially the ones that like to stir, a lot them don't have kits and probably will not ever have one. That type of atmosphere will drive away legitamate venders as well.

you could always do what I did start out with a simple kit like a 308 or 328 and go from there, just a sugestion....
    too many 1/2 compleated kits out there cause people get in over their head

i was more refering to supereplicas ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    i was more refering to supereplicas ect.
    I agree. I'm glad you did not take offense to what I posted because it truly was not intended to be that way. My point was there are almost no fulltime builders that participate on this site, and very few venders. There is a huge wealth of knowledge here but there is a whole world outside this site.