Thread: Now all those MR2 interior conversions for 'em kits should be based on this.....

Now all those MR2 interior conversions for 'em kits should be based on this.....

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/toyota-mr2-carputer/

Upon first inspection, MR2forum.de member LaroCroft's second-generation (SW20) Toyota MR2 is simply a tastefully modded example of a cult favorite. However, peer inside and all preconceived notions are immediately thrown out the targa top.

Any "For Sale" thread that requires "Knowledge in electronics, skills in PC technology and knowledge of programming (especially Visual Basic)" is a clear indication that things inside have gotten thoroughly out of hand. Just check out the gallery and you'll see what we're talking about.

The entire instrument cluster and center console have been replaced with three screens displaying every conceivable function and parameter of the MR2's systems. The trio of displays are controlled by either a touch screen interface or a center console-mounted knob (ala iDrive), and allows the drive to manipulate everything from fuel consumption to engine temp; climate control to GPS functions; mirrors, radar/laser, the wireless transfer of music from a home computer, lights, fog lights, and on and on and on.

It's pure insanity and incredibly cool. And the best part: it's for sale in Germany assuming you've got the programming chops to actually leave your driveway.

Re: Now all those MR2 interior conversions for 'em kits should be based on this.....

HOLLY COW!

Very cool but a very small buyers market I would think.

Re: Now all those MR2 interior conversions for 'em kits should be based on this.....

I know his project since a couple of years ... I always admired his ideas and ways of making it possible!

He wanna sell it for just 10.000 .. very much work in it!

I like the center console most.. for me the speedo does not have to be a flat screen.. I like the Indiglows more!

Kudos to im..

very professional, wish i knew how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    very professional, wish i knew how to do it
    well check out his threads in the MR2 Forum!

www.mr2forum.de
    user: LaroCroft

i cant read any of that????

use the google translator

http://www.google.de/language_tools?hl=de