Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would anyone be interested in the AD lp640 in the uk?

would anyone be interested in the AD lp640 in the uk?

possible chance to bring over the ADlp640 kit and/or AD360 kit and take moulds from them to produce it in the uk to save all the shipping costs, I've got his permission so if there's enough interest i may take this further..
    let me know what you think

Re: would anyone be interested in the AD lp640 in the uk?

Dazm,

If you do get an interest in the AD640 over there in the UK, the interior team that I am apart of will have a complete authentic interior for both the RHD and LHD LP640 models (depending upon your chassis choice).

Let me know,
    -Hughes

We agree to doing molds over there and them producing there own kits,it would not make any sence to pay high shipping cost and they could also deal with there customers direct

not on a fiero ,there to hard to find and maintain.
    you have extreme for the merci and coupe 360 and dna for the spider, soon to have 2 companys doing the gallardo, all on japanese/british cars .

Id be interested putting it on the boxster. Sick of people putting kits on slow cars. Whats the point of putting something fast on an MR2??? still dont undertand it

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie
    Id be interested putting it on the boxster. Sick of people putting kits on slow cars. Whats the point of putting something fast on an MR2??? still dont undertand it
    Hi Goldie,

I think people often think the MR2`S are girls car when the the MR2 (SW20) REV 3 turbos are quite lively.The 0-60 times are very smiliar to the early boxsters and I think top speed wouldn`t be a million miles away.I have had quite a few MR2`s but only one Boxster.The Boxster was on hire (paid by an insurance company) because my Carrera 4S had been smashed up by another driver.The Boxster was the biggest pile of crap with poor build quality and many annoying minor faults.When I was threatened by the insurance company that they were`t going to pay for it and that I would have to pay the 200 a day hire (I`d had it 24 days),I sent it straight back.Obviously,if you asked which one I would prefer,the Boxster would get picked first but for a value for money car to saw up,the MR2 takes some beating.

P.s. The panels you have had machined look very nice,keep up the good work.

Can the AD640 be built on a space frame, maybe a chassis design from chassisworks?

thanks for the offer Hughes, if there's enough serious interest to bring the kit to the uk i'll definately be contacting you! by the way your composite guide desperately needs to be turned into a dvd tutorial type thing, i'm sure there'd be hundreds of people who'd love to learn to use carbon fibre etc. properly!

as for the chassis, i agree with goldie about the boxster base, but that is still something i'm considering, depends what people want and what can be done with the kit. if its too much hassle and not enough interest i'll just pass on the opportunity and maybe someone else will do it.. just thought it'd be nice to bring over an alternative to the extreme kit, especially after what's been said on this forum about them lately.

Our 360 Panels will fit on a real car so you can choose you own chassie

I would be interested in the AD640. I'm here for 4 years and need a project car.....