Thread: '88 Mera - anyone interested?

'88 Mera - anyone interested?

I recently purchased an original Fiero Mera with only 33k miles.
    I am happy with the car, but I found something else I think I'd rather have IF I can find a buyer for my Mera.

I have a file on this car that is nearly 2 inches thick, including the original sales receipt and some other interesting things, incluidng a 1990 copy of the DuPont Registry where this exact car was featured on page 39. One of the most documented cars I have ever come across.
    The engine was pulled at just 2500 miles and had over $4000 worth of high performance work performed, including 10.5:1 Ross racing pistons, 440 lift Crower competition cam, bronze head guides, ARP rod bolts, competition computer chip and more. All documented. This car is A LOT faster than a stock Fiero.
    The car sat in a garage for the last 5 years untouched. THe previous owner had a heart attack and just stopped driving it. When I got it, I had my local dealer drain all the fluids and completely flush the engine out. At the dealers recomendation, I had them put in a new fuel pump and filter, and heater core.

The 33k original miles is accurate and fully documented throughout the files I have with the car. The Mera is the only factory/dealer authorized 308 replica ever produced. The fit and quality of the body panels are still considered the best available.

I'm not all that anxious to sell it, but I will let it go for $12,500 if anyone is interested. The ONLY reason I am even considering it is because I found a really nice roadster I'd like to buy.
    My email is
    timw@erols.com
    Thanks

Re:'88 Mera - anyone interested?

Where are you located? any pic's you can post.
    www.xvelocity.com

Quote Originally Posted by William
    Where are you located? any pic's you can post.
    Virginia, near Petersburg. I dont have any pics to post yet. I haven't picked it up from the dealer yet. As of last Friday they were ordering the heater coil. I will take some as soon as I get it back.

heres a pic from another site

http://www.fiero.net/mera/article.html
    anyone know where to sell a bodypart?

Did you ever get pictures of your 88 to post on the site. There are a few people looking for them tonight.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by MAPICS_Man
    Did you ever get pictures of your 88 to post on the site. There are a few people looking for them tonight.

Dave
    Thanks for asking Dave.
    The car is still at the dealer. They've been backed up with work due to some type of recent Pontiac recall and that's holding them up from finishing my car. They are really going over it in great detail however, and I'm gald of that. I'm hopeful that I'll have it before weeks end.
    To those who have already contacted me - I have your email addresses and I will send pics directly to you when I get them.
    In the meantime, anyone else who is interested can feel free to contact me directly at timw@erols.com
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by MAPICS_Man

Dave
    Here's a drivers side profile picture of my car

and a view of the rear:

more pics are available upon request.
    timw@erols.com