Thread: Chassis Plans

Chassis Plans

Does anyone know where I can purchase chassis plans? I found NAERC plans on lambobuilder.com but the price is a little steep for me. I checked this site with search terms and I got some expired links. Please advise, thank you!

Re: Chassis Plans

I don't know if he is legit or not but there has been a guy on ebay selling copies of the NAERC plans for 150 bucks. Again, I don't know if he's legit or not, I just saw them and read the ad some time back. If you don't mind the extra height and tighter footwells buy chassisworks plans. I can vouch for Mike, he's a great guy, the plans are excellent and that chassis is about as twice as easy to build.

I seen it on ebay too. I emailed a "buyer" that bought plans from him. In about 20 minutes, I get this email that I thought would take a lot of thought and time to type. It's almost prepared ahead of time...

Hi;
    I did see the 1500$ drawing for sale, but I didn't see them in details, only the few pix that were on the website.

I can assure you that for 179$ for item 320478188194 on eBay is well worth the price. It's actually quite a bargain. I am a certified industrial technologist with many years of drafting and preparing shop drawings. I must also add that I haven't built the frame yet, so I cannot tell you if there are errors or omissions, but at first glance, the set looks quite good. It also contains 3D views to better comprehend the layout of parts. It also contains much printed material (.PDFs) for the extra parts needed, such as brakes, front suspension components (88-96 Corvette), rear suspension, steering, etc. It also has drawings and details for building the fuel cell.

There is a bunch of .DXF files that you can take to a machine shop for all the parts that need to be cut by CNC laser or plasma or even by waterjet if the price is right for you. We have a small CNC plasma at our shop that would cut all of these parts nicely. By experience, it's cheaper then laser and waterjet and since the plates are so thin, small CNC plasma will do a very nice job.

The frame is designed for a pre-LS1 Chev small block with and Audi 88-89 front wheel drive. Anything else would probably need some adjustments on the mounts.

Keep in mind that this is a bit of a generic frame design. So it can be used with a similar model such as the Mercy, Diablo, Countach or other mid-engine exotics.

For 179.00, you certainly get your money's worth. I hope this helps.

Found this one too on ebay that claims he is selling Chassisworks plans. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lambo...item4a9dfd12a2

you might want to be careful. as far as i know mike is the only one you can buy his plans from.

i just checked with mike, and yes he is the one that is listing that item, he is using a new name

Awesome. I've done hours upon hours of research and can't believe the scams that go on and people get away with. I'm triple checking everything especially when I'm ready to purchase the body. I'll even go to the facility just to be sure and drive the dang thing back myself. Thanks for the follow up