Thread: looking for Ferrari 550 or 575

looking for Ferrari 550 or 575

Anybody know of a 550 or 575 kit out thier or similar. If not any ideas why thier isnt one. I think a mustang 87-93 would make a fine donor, but addmitedly I know very little about kit cars. Anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    BigAl
    AZ

Re:looking for Ferrari 550 or 575

none i've seen, but i think the reason why is that the two
    are very generic designs in ferrari and lambo terms

you can spot a 355 or a diablo from a mile away, and this is
    very similar to new MR2s and the back is the standard ferrari

sorry if i cant help
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I would agree that those cars do "stand out", but I would disagree about the "MR2 spyder 360" clones I have seen on the net. I saw areal 360 and a real mr2 spyder at the Auto Show in person and the dimensions are no where near the same in my opinon. The pics of th 360 clones built on mr2 platforms show how small the cars look compared to the real ones. The real 360 car is huge, not to mention the performance difference against a MR2 spyder. The asking price fro the 360 complete cars are insane all were over 50,000 grand. I know I am biased but the mustangs have great performence with power v8 that would smoke most fireos or an mr2 spyder.
    Sorry I just love the lines and curves of those V12 ferrari's
    and I am used to driving fast mustangs and just cant imagine driving a car with 6 or 4 banger engine.

A mid to late 80's Vette would make a good donor. The biggest obstical seems to be that Ferrari has a problem with anyone producing a likeness of their cars. A 550 or 575 would make an awesome replica. Hmmm.
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif