Thread: 3000GT. Want to by one for a donor??

3000GT. Want to by one for a donor??

Hey everyone,

I know we all have other car hobbies as well so I figured I'd post this. I used to be into the 3SI cars (mostly the twin turbos but we still have 2 N/A cars). 1" difference in wheelbase for a 355 but I always wondered if it could be done anyway.. ??? Overall car is about 10" longer but hey we're ripping off the body anyway right??

I know one of you is up to the challenge! ;D

Seriously though.

I had 2 Ebay people bid, win, leave $100 deposits and could never come up with the money. ($2100 and $1950). Last one strung me along all Winter long. I think his poor grandma died 3 times!

Because of the wheelbase I always wondered if there could be some sort of replica made out of these cars. Who knows.

Anyway,

If anyone on the forum is interested, I'd let it go for $1400 to a forum member. (Not interested in the Ebay thing again). I have TONS of pics and some video as well. Some basics: (I have a bunch of info and pics if you want them).

1994 3000GT - Salvage title.

Transmission Removed to do a 5 speed project _ never got around to it - . (I do have a 1998 Auto trans that should have a rebuild if you want it. It was running fine but clunking into drive (common) ).

222HP non-turbo car. 129K, Interior is a 9 out of 10, Pefect dash / seats etc (no radio). Some damage to passenger side front bumper.

WHEELS SHOWN IN PIC ARE NOT INCLUDED (They are from my wifes 3000GT).

The way the car looks in the pics is exactly the way it looks in person (except for the wheels). ICE Cold A/C, Blistering heat, great oil pressure, water temp etc. See video. That was the last time car was driven / started (August). (Starters mount to the Trans and trans is out of the car).

Email for lots of current pics and INSANELY long description.

Video here:

http://s498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/3kgtrt/
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Re: 3000GT. Want to by one for a donor??

do you have any other parts for it?
    I need the stub axles from one (both sides) for my project

Adrian

Hi,

Car is 100% complete and not hacked up etc. I don't have any "extra stuff", sorry. I wouldn't want to break anything up at this point , the car is in too nice a shape.

If I do consider "ripping it apart" I'll keep you in mind, I've had offers for quite a bit of parts that would probably net me more $$$ but I can't seem to bring myself to tear this thing apart just yet. (Time is always a thing too).

Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Hey kit, I always thought that they would be perfect for a kit as well. I bought one last year that had been in a fender bender in hopes to contort a viper kit on to it. Well 8 months later my daughter turned 16 and my wife is having me fix the darn thing. Oh well, but I still think the viper kit would work! J

Well mine wasn't really a specific kit but it was heavily modified. Wide body kit, Viper front bumper, 575 CF hood. It may have not replicated a specific car but it was a one of a kind. I sure miss this car!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewc
    Well mine wasn't really a specific kit but it was heavily modified. Wide body kit, Viper front bumper, 575 CF hood. It may have not replicated a specific car but it was a one of a kind. I sure miss this car!

That Viper front bumper sure looks nice on that car! Its custom but way clean and only a true car guy could spot the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean00

That Viper front bumper sure looks nice on that car! Its custom but way clean and only a true car guy could spot the mod.
    Thanks myself and another buddy sent a real Viper Bumper to Deft Racing (He is a member here too) in California and he sectioned it and molded it to a 1st Gen Stealth bumper and the result can be seen on my car. It was so perfect that the factory Viper fogs mounted right in perfectly. Deft Racing also designed the hood seen on my car. He by far made some of the nicest parts I have ever had the pleasure of working with and he is a pretty damn good guy to boot! My goal with this car was to create a vision of what the Stealth could have looked like if Dodge would have continued to produce them into the mid 2000's.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean00

Thanks myself and another buddy sent a real Viper Bumper to Deft Racing (He is a member here too) in California and he sectioned it and molded it to a 1st Gen Stealth bumper and the result can be seen on my car. It was so perfect that the factory Viper fogs mounted right in perfectly. Deft Racing also designed the hood seen on my car. He by far made some of the nicest parts I have ever had the pleasure of working with and he is a pretty damn good guy to boot! My goal with this car was to create a vision of what the Stealth could have looked like if Dodge would have continued to produce them into the mid 2000's.

Matt
    Very nicely done Matt. You should make a build thread for your old car. Its the nicest looking Stealth I have ever seen.

matthewc,

That's a sweet looking car. I love the gas filler as well as the other mods. Is the original fuel door removed? I don't think I saw a pic of that side.

That is great work. At one point I was thinking of doing a full tube frame under this N/A and turning into a drag car. I've seen 1 local 3S car with full frame and LS v8 Swap and RWD. Low 8's in the 1/4 mile and just as clean looking as a factory car. He was an older guy. I've got to get some pics if I seem him at the track this year. I think I have 1 or 2 on my old phone.

Love the see the 3KGT's and Stealths modified. Especially the TT AWD cars.

gtodavidson, You know, I never thought about the Viper Kits.. That might just work.

I'll "tell-ya' " If I had the time I'd really like to see what a 355 kit could look like with the 3S windshied and roofline (or a ragtop of course).

For some reason, I may be wrong, but I just really can't get over the idea of T.T. All Wheel Drive / All Wheel Steering Car with a 355 kit. Sure things would be "off" but if you've ever seen one of these cars with the rear hatch off, I just keep thinking that there is plenty of room to modify a fake engine cover and engine bay while "hiding" the engine in the front while still allowing a tiny bit of space in the rear for storage.

I'd love to strip one down and see what they look like "naked".

Who knows (I may get my chance with this one.....) ???