Thread: 308 Replica in Vancouver, BC Canada

308 Replica in Vancouver, BC Canada

I went over to Langley, BC last week to look at a 308 replica that a fellow in Victoria has and wants to move on from.

It was listed on ebay a while ago at $9k as that is what he has put into it and more but like all the other kits out there that are not finished, he did not get much action on his ebay ad.

The car has the following and I have verified all but the engine running and driving:

• 308 Mera clone
    • Car looks like it was well done when first built in the early 90's but needs refreshing now
    • 50k miles on the car with rebuilt engine. Car sat in a US barn somewhere for several years before the owner bought it and brought it up to Canada
    • Targa roof put in by Aldino down in the States before coming to Canada
    • Pisa Interior still in shipping boxes. Needs to be covered properly and installed
    • Truleo intake manifold not yet installed but I have seen it.
    • Compomotive 308 rims and new tires. These are very nice in person.
    • Mr. Mike's leather seats. They are black outer edges and red inner panels but they have seen use and are not in perfect shape. They will need some cleaning but otherwise in fair shape.

What the car will need in my opinion:
    • Targa completed in that it needs rubber seals etc. to make sure it all seals up for water. The targa work looks pretty good and the reinforcements under the car look OK. The typical bars down the side and across front and back so I would do some beefing up up if it was me buying it. I was not able to see front and rear firewall reinforcements if any as they were behind inner fender wells
    • Body refurbish and paint. Scratches and nicks from use and shipping. Front bumper and front spoiler have been damaged during shipping but from what I see, it could be easily fiberglassed back up in a weekend
    • Driver's side rocker panel is broken just at the back of the door jamb. The rockers are from a Fiero GT though they stick out with the air effects that the GT 's had. I would replace these rockers with the standard Fiero rockers anyway to get more of the original look to them rather than the air effects. If you want to keep the GT rockers, there is some damage to repair on the driver's anyway.
    • Interior covered and installed. I looked at all the interior pieces and they all looked good. They were still in the shipping boxes and all together. They need covering of course but it looked like everything was there to install the dash, door panels and centre console.
    • Engine bay cleaned up. I did not hear the engine turn over and I was not able to drive it when I went to look at it as the battery was dead from sitting for a while in the shop where the fellow has it right now. I believe the guy saying it was running when it went in there but I have not driven that car yet. Easy to confirm with a boost and drive around the block. I have seen the Truleo intake but it is not installed yet.

I have seen the pile of papers for work done on the car by the previous owner and this current owner. A bunch of work has been done to this car but it also needs more work to put it back on the road and have a kit guy happy with it.

I have more pictures of the car than listed here if anyone is interested. I am putting this ad in this Mall as a favour to the owner so if you are interested, PM me or email me as my email address is in my profile readily available to anyone that wants to see it.

If I was looking for a 308 kit, I would pick this up but I already have enough projects to keep me going till I am 90+...... ;D

Thanks for looking and I will relay any questions and interest and contact info on to the owner.

Cheers
    Don

Attached Images Attached Images   
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Re: 308 Replica in Vancouver, BC Canada

More pics
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Couple More
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Last couple to show interior parts and the targa

Enjoy
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

x
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I'm diggin' those side vents that hinge open.

Hey Don, just wanted to say "how's it going" ? I'm still playing around with my vents...

Brian
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

No one interested in the car at all? There was a lot of talk a while ago on here of folks looking for a 308 replica. This one needs some refreshing but everything is there to do it with. Not a bad first project for someone getting into the game either as it would already run with a battery charge or maybe a new battery and the original Fiero interior is all there to be put back in and drivable while the Euro panels are getting covered.

Make this guy an offer as he wants to move on from it to other things.

I am surprised there is not more action on it.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I agree,

It's a great base for a nice project.
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.