Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The BEST Replica I have ever seen!!!

The BEST Replica I have ever seen!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-...item3a5a9f4859

A Ferrari 348 turned into an F355 Spider!
    This thing is just plain amazing!

Re: The BEST Replica I have ever seen!!!

Allow me to completely disagree with you on your statement above....

1) this is NOT a replica....a 348 is still a real Ferrari

b) a couple of body panels were changed (front spoiler, rear spoiler, deleted door rakes)...everything else remained the same on the 348

c) wheels were changed (a sore point on the 348 cars to begin with)

Both cars have the same exterior dimensions so it's very easy to swap body panels.....interior and engine are stock 348

It's a matter of taste if you prefer the look of the 348 over the F355 look.

Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

How much would a conversion like that cost? I would strongly consider this!

I would recommend against it. The 348 supposedly had a lot reliability issues, and that has made it less desirable, thus less valuable.

That said, I believe the side doors are essentially the same as the 355, it's just a matter of removing the sidestrakes. Change the taillight panel, and I think that's about all the major changes you'd need.

Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    wow I wonder what happened to the car... should be easy to repair.. parts + paint job (use replica parts), maybe 5.000 $ investment and you got a perfekt ride with just 8k miles on the clock

This wrecked F355 is NO BETTER option than the 348/F355 Spider conversion because of ONE THING - SALVAGE Tilte

This salvaged F355 with such a low mileage and it's a late model desirable Spider SHOULD be selling for close to $70K if this was a clean car....But it' not and therefore it will sell for 348 money - notice that over 21 people (as of today) have made offers on it and nobody would even touch it for $40K (which is about HALF what this car is really worth).....Blame it on the economy but the fact remains than a CLEAN Ferrari 348 Spider is a better buy than a Salvaged F355. It does not look like a major expense to fix this F355 Spider but because of its history it will always be a tough sell on any market.

And BTW for those who know used Ferraris, the 348 car have been fully depreciated by now and their prices are slowly rising....The F355 cars are still going down in prices (depreciating) so they have ways to go until they hit bottom....On the plus side, the F355 cars are BETTER cars overall with more horsepower and more desired looks....But I personally like the 348 cars for better handling and they are cheaper to buy and less of them were made (more collectible in the long run).

That's my personal opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by Ka$h
    wow I wonder what happened to the car... should be easy to repair.. parts + paint job (use replica parts), maybe 5.000 $ investment and you got a perfekt ride with just 8k miles on the clock
    You got that right. You would spend that much building a replica. Looks like an easy repair at a glance. I would think their must be other issues that are not listed. On the other hand, 355s are not as pricey as they used to be.

Thats not the first one I've seen of the 348 to 355 conversion, there's actually a yellow one of those targa roof with an LT1 swap in it as well running around on the net somewhere and its far better than that hunk of junk.

This is still the best Ferrari Replica I have ever seen

http://members.home.nl/bertkanters/

Id totally build one with a Buick Grand National 3.8 in it. Screw that Ferrari crap! I don't want to get spanked by a guy in an LS1 Camaro or Corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel

This is still the best Ferrari Replica I have ever seen

http://members.home.nl/bertkanters/

Id totally build one with a Buick Grand National 3.8 in it. Screw that Ferrari crap! I don't want to get spanked by a guy in an LS1 Camaro or Corvette.
    You're absolutely right about this replica/conversion of a 308 to a 288GTO....This guy who build this car has amazing skills with everything he gets his hands on. I followed his build pages and I was amazed with his great skills despite the limited access to tools and materials he had to work with.

That's a replica worth having for a fraction of the real 288GTO.