Thread: Lambo door hinges

Lambo door hinges

I am making Lambo Door Hinges for sale. These hinges are made out of 1/4" steel, bronze bushings, 3/8" stainless pin, and can be lubricated later when needed with a grease gun. $350/pr. plus S&H from Michigan.

The separation between sane and crazy is the time it takes to complete half of your kit car!

Re: Lambo door hinges

Very nice... this is how they should be done... they look like they give you the ability to adjust the door settings with these brackets.

Are they an exact copy of the OEM?

Great looking parts!

Have these ever been fitted on a G28 / G28L body?

I'm hearing that there are some differences in diminsions of the door inset between some of the kits and OEM hinges won't work.

These appear to have a threaded hole for a grease fitting?

I'm a very interested in ordering a set if I know ahead of time that these will work on my car.

Thanks,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by No-Bull
    Great looking parts!

Have these ever been fitted on a G28 / G28L body?

I'm hearing that there are some differences in dimensions of the door inset between some of the kits and OEM hinges won't work.

These appear to have a threaded hole for a grease fitting?

I'm a very interested in ordering a set if I know ahead of time that these will work on my car.

Thanks,

Chris
    These hinges are scaled off of an OEM Lambo hinge to the best of my ability. These are Kit Car hinges are for the Diablo series doors and may work on Murcielago or Gallardo models. They are not designed to operate as "Lambo style" door hinges for other makes of cars. The holes are exact to measurements for use with 5/16" bolts. Exact location of the hinge to operate properly depends on the location of the front hinge support bar. It should work on all Diablo series doors. I do not know about the G28/ G28L models. I am into the middle build of my 6.0 and they appear as though they will fit nicely. The front hinge support bar should be attached so that the hinge can be shimmed down for alignment and forward enough so that the door can be shimmed rearward. As you can see, the hinge allows for a minor adjustment of about 3/8" forward/aft and up/down. A grease fitting can be screwed into the set screw hole for greasing. Hope this helps. Thanks from Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Mbdiablovt
    Are they an exact copy of the OEM?
    To the best of my ability, Yes. All of the dimensions were measured to scale from an OEM. Thanks, Jim

Since gallardos don't have "lambo style" doors these won't work, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1
    Since gallardos don't have "lambo style" doors these won't work, right?
    Correct. Gallardos use two hinges like a normal car. Ricambi America and Lambostuff both show the hinge compatible with Murcielago. I would guess that any type of hinge would work if you have enough imagination ;-) I think that doing a Lambo kitcar door requires all of the American know how you can muster to get the job done. My hat's off to all of the builders that have preceded us and thanks for the build diaries that they have posted for us to help us do a quality job on ours.

Jim

If you have ever hung and hinged a set of doors...than you are familiar with the correlation of the hinge pin location and the relation to just how high the doors will rise. The other set of hinges out there have the pin located to far into the Wing (fender) and so the door does not rise as high as OEM These replica hinges and the OEM hinges will allow the doors to rise to OEM height and beyond. Simply .. you can not change the location of the hinge mount on the fiberglass of the diablo doors ( i dont know about Murc, i am assuming they are alike) so the hinge and pin must set back into the wing.

Another viewpoint that I have found is that the Kitcart Diablo/Murcie bodies that are being made today have the door hinge boss completely cut out of the door inner so a builder has to fabricate the hinge "dog house" to his liking or to be exact, to the needed location which will allow the door to hinge properly.

Jim