Thread: ASSISTANCE FOR CAR!

ASSISTANCE FOR CAR!

Hi guys I have a question to ask about a Lamborghini Reventon replica - I am buying a replica Reventon Roadster from Katana and having a chassis custom built, I would like to know if I can install a REAL Lamborghini transmission in the car and it will work. The transmission is a E-Gear transmission from a LP-640 and I would like to know if thats all I need to buy to include in the car (what other items do I need to make it all work together?)? Thank you

Re: ASSISTANCE FOR CAR!

Hell you would probably need the Lp640 engine and ecu to control it all. What engine do you plan on mating with that trani anyway?

I'm not sure what's up front, but I think that transmission runs both the front and back wheels so there would be a drive line plus the front drive stuff.

your best bet would be to find a wrecked one if you want that

You need everything and anything! All wiring all electrical all computers. I would steer clear of something like this, because something minor can cause a problem causing you to scrap the whole project.

Like someone else posted by a salvaged vehicle so you can have every single part as needed, it will probably be cheaper this way. I would just buy a salvage, rip everything off the car repar the chassis and throw the reventon body on it. So now you have a properly titled lamborghini when you are done. I guarantee that this will be the best way to accomplish what you are trying to do.

I think you'd be better off with a Porsche, Toronado, or ZF transmission. The lambo trans is going to be a ton of headaches with little gain. I'd go with something that's been done before.

It would be cheaper and easier to get the Tranny and V10 out of a Audi R8. Making your Lambo AWD. How do I know because I am using the R8 AWD system with a Audi W12 Engine in my Lamborghini Replica. ;D

NOTE : If I can find a Audi W12, if not a BMW V12 will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets303
    Hell you would probably need the Lp640 engine and ecu to control it all. What engine do you plan on mating with that trani anyway?
    Lamborghini 640 engine - I am talking with RTR and they said they will build me a chassis with real LP640 interior inside dashboard, seats, door panels, lighting etc. This way I only need the exterior Reventon Roadster from Katana to bolt on the chassis and it will be set to go - just like the LP640 Katana build a Reventon Roadster on - that is my goal. I also plan to have this underway by Friday. Katana if you could get back to my quotes within the next day that would be good (also how did you make your Reventon Roadster kit, is it dimensionally perfect as per the original? looks like it is, especially on the real LP640 you built it on).

the cheapest thing to do would be to get an 2006 audi rs v10 engine ( rs4,rs60), because the same engine (be it slightly tuned) is used in the gallardo and the gallardo and murcielago use the same transmission. The benifit is a exotic sounding powerfull engine attached to a lamborghini transmision with audi electronics and running cost.