Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GT supercar Replica on Ebay

GT supercar Replica on Ebay

Not bad exterior but interior needs some attention ex sterio look like it in an odd place...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2406440867

www.xvelocity.com

Re:GT supercar Replica on Ebay

that car has been for sale a while now
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

I spoke to the guy one day,

I thought he sold it meanwhile...

doesn`t looks like or he is building another one

In the Ebay ad, the guy talks about building the Diablo roadster that won a first place at Knott's last year. They must have a thing for weird placement of stereos. That car had the stereo head unit mounted between the seat backs! I bought that Diablo for about $50k. After I got it I realized all the things that were wrong, and different from the ad. Non-functioning A/C, windows, wiper, seat belts, stereo. In addition, the frame was bent, the engine overheats, you must be less that 5' 8" to fit in the car with the top on, and the odometer reading was falsified. I would advise anyone to check out this car very carefully before making a commitment. My car is currently at IFG getting a new interior. I hope it will be ready for Knott's next month.

Hi,

Sorry my english is not that good .

Did I got this right:

1.you know this guy?

2. you actually bought the Diablo Turnkey from him for 50k$. And the kitcar was in a very shappy condition?

Did you gave it back to him?

Greetings

MaCa

Yes I did buy the Diablo Roadster turnkey. It won first place at the Knott's show in April. I bought the car in August last year. The glowing description of the car on EBay did not match what I saw when I went to pick it up. I thought most of the things could be fixed for another few thousand dollars. I thought that kits looked nice but were quite inferior to regular cars. So I accepted it. I didn't find all the problems until I took it out for a 30 mile drive a week after I accepted it. It's mostly my fault. I should have walked away when I saw the car. I'm getting it fixed up at IFG and I think it will be a real gem when I'm finished with it. It will be on display again at Knott's this year.

Thank you for sharing your information. It is really a value to me to have some thoughts and insides.

So your conclusion is that you would stick to the professionel companies like IFG if somebody is interessted in buying an "good" turnkey?

Greetings

MaCA

I think there are a lot of good builders out there. But I think there are even more bad builders than good builders. For Diablos the best builders are probably, Exoticglass, Shelby, and Wildrides. But there are a few guys working on building their own cars who are perfectionists. If they ever sell them the buyer will be getting an excellent car. You don't have to buy a turnkey from a professional builder, you just need to look very carefully at what you are getting. Don't get too excited by the outside looks and ignore what's underneath. Like I did. I tend to make the same mistake with women!

That car does look very nice. The auction is humorous. It starts out with "NO RESERVE!!!". A few sentences later it says "The reserve is only $29k". He must have relisted an old auction and didn't change that. This is also very funny after reading what PorknBeanz had to say: "Diablo Roadster reproduction that was at the last Knotts show, so you know it is top notch!".
    In any case I hope to see this car at Knotts this year. I like it. I look forward to seeing your car there too PorknBeanz.
    Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/.../signature.jpg

Hay, Thanx for the note. I know this guy. I was going to give him the money and have him build my diablo roadster. As far as the porsche yes they are building them they have another one that is not painted yet in there back fiberglass shop. That was the guy (GSR in Sun Valley) I was planning on having him paint my ferrari 355 spyder. Then I was going to buy a diablo roadster for $5,500.00 then have him prep my other fiero for $1,800.00 (stretch and stuff). After reading this I am wondering if I have him do the stetch and prep the car will I get it back running. Thanx I think I will go with Top Gun in La Canada that can get me a 1999 diablo roadster for $4,775.00 and do the prep on the fiero for $1,500.00 and will guarentee that it will work. Thanks guys