Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is mr2kits GTF still available?

Is mr2kits GTF still available?

I was thinking of doing my first build soon, and wanted to do a GTF from mr2kits.
    I was planning on picking up the donor on Friday, but I came across this thread while searching for information:
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/ma...its-co-uk.html

The website is still up, does anyone know what the current situation is with Dave Jones/MR2kits, or are
    there new owners?

I would also like to know about this new owner. Quality and customer support still ok?

Mr2kits were at the Stoneleigh kit car show with new owners, not sure about the state of play, Dave Jones sold all the moulds to the new owners, check on the website and speak to them. There was plenty of foot traffic around the cars

I emailed them a few days prior to making my post and got no response.
    That prompted me to look into it, and I found out on this forum that Dave Jones was selling the molds.
    I then saw the ebay ad that disilva posted, and figured it was Dave Jones' ad.

I just got a response from someone named Steve, I emailed them from the website. It had taken
    almost a week to get a reply, so I had assumed they weren't available.
    I will email him back and see if he has any information, and to see if he is now selling the business again.

I was looking forward to getting a kit from Dave, he seemed to be a trustworthy guy in a business that
    is full of scams. Hopefully this fellow Steve is a good guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by peggyontherunireland View Post
    yes, disilva posted this link here already.
    I am wondering if this is the new owner trying to sell the moulds again.

Well I hope they can be trusted. I am not interested in buying the molds, just a kit.
    I saw this ad on ebay UK,
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2...item45ff3b8684

It says '5 available'. I am only hoping that it means 5 kits are done and ready, whether or not the moulds sell.

Does anyone know if there is any kind of buyer protection if I go through ebay and use a credit card? I'd like to order a kit, just want to be sure I don't lose all that cash to a failing business.

Quote Originally Posted by disilva View Post
    Hey thanks for the link dude, I will try to get it from the seller

Quote Originally Posted by TNH View Post
    Well I hope they can be trusted. I am not interested in buying the molds, just a kit.
    I saw this ad on ebay UK,
    Toyota MR2 430 F430 Replica Body kit GTF KIT CAR www.mr2kits.co.uk RRP 4,950! | eBay

It says '5 available'. I am only hoping that it means 5 kits are done and ready, whether or not the moulds sell.

Does anyone know if there is any kind of buyer protection if I go through ebay and use a credit card? I'd like to order a kit, just want to be sure I don't lose all that cash to a failing business.
    I don't know about eBay uk protection but I know that on eBay USA if you win and pay through paypal you are protected against nonreceipt or even if the quality is not as described