Thread: 1968 Chevy Truck

1968 Chevy Truck

For Sale:

I have a 1968 Chevy C10 short bed step side c-10 truck for sale. I bought this truck with the intention of driving it as my daily driver. It was originally an US Air Force truck which still has the information plate on the grove box. It currently has custom wheels and tires on it but I have the original wheels and hubcaps.

The truck sat for 11 years before I bought it a few months back. It has new fuel lines, new fuel pump, a new HEI distributor, new plug wires/plugs, and the carb was rebuilt. It will idle but will not accept throttle backfiring through the carb and then quitting. I would love to keep this truck but without knowing why it will not run to fix it and with no funds to replace the engine with a V8 I'm done with it. It is a base model truck, 3 speed manual on the column, 4 wheel disc brakes, and no power steering.

It has the normal rust spots for the truck but it is complete. I bought an entire front sub-frame from a 84 Suburban which came with Bell Tech drop spindles, lowering springs, and shocks. The sub-frame has the power steering box, sway bar, and I have a power steering pump for it. I have the front brake lines and proportioning valve from the burb too. I have a power brake booster, pedal assembly for converting it to an automatic, and an automatic cross member. I bought a seat from a 2004 Chevy truck which has the shoulder seatbelts. It is two buckets with the jump seat in the middle. These are all thing that come with the truck but are not installed. The original seat was reupholstered before it was parked 11 years ago and is in great shape besides needing a good cleaning.

I stripped the interior when I first got the truck so the cab floors are bare. I also stripped the rotted wood from the bed and it all needs replaced. Anyways this is a great short bed project truck with a lot of potential.

I just need to get what I have into this truck out of it so I can buy a running daily driver. $2,000 o.b.o.

Not for sale anymore...........decided to keep it. I can't delete the thread.