Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replica Ferrari Keys for Kits

Replica Ferrari Keys for Kits

I was looking into getting some replica keys for my 512TR build and it seems not many if any are making them. I found a couple people on here recently making them but haven't gotten in touch with em'. So I figured I would make them myself. I originally was looking at the 355 styled keys but in doing so found that I like many different F-Style keys. I was just wondering if I did some runs of some of the different keys who all would be interested in getting them. I found some cheap sources for the 355, 360, as well as all 3 of the new large scudetto shaped keys(the thick red shield shaped keys with either, a scudetto, stalion, or hood emblem ). I have already ordered a couple Pocher Chrome Stallions from scaledetails.com and a single replica 458 key (big red one with stallion)on eBay with plans to break it down make a plug and molds for it for Fiero keys. I could easly rework them for any of the 3 new larger key styles. I'm sure I could get the MR2 keys fit in as well for those interested.Well I was just curious as to who all may want some of these if I put the effort and time into making a few runs. Let me know!!

P.S. The 360's key looks a little tricky to make but I already have a great plan to get them to work.

Name:  New Ferrari Keys.jpg
Views: 43532
Size:  59.1 KB
    Name:  26782950009_large.jpg
Views: 7297
Size:  31.9 KB
    Name:  car-photo-ferrari-f355-spare-key.jpg
Views: 5942
Size:  58.9 KB

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    what about the members with the Sebring steering column ,will this key head fit inside the red cover , put me down for 1

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/te...column-11.html
    Last edited by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER; 01-09-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

I am interested in two sets for my 355, depending on the cost.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I like it!! I will be keeping an eye on this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER View Post
    what about the members with the Sebring steering column ,will this key head fit inside the red cover , put me down for 1

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/te...column-11.html
    The Ferrari key head is huge. You could fit just about any key in there. The Mr2 guys have a little issue due to the chip in the key. If your not carefull you could dammage the chip and the car won't start. Not an issue with the chrysler key.

Cost should not be too much as I don't plan on making a huge profit or anything like that. Just helping out some fellow kiters and get some nice keys out for our rides. I am sure the cost will very between keys as the emblems themselves will be different cost. The Pocher stallion is cheap enough but the only rectangular emblems and scudetto I can find as of now at the right size and look are from official Ferrari key fobs and are a bit more pricey than the Pocher emblems. But I will continue to look for a better source on those parts. Other than that is will just be time and actual build cost.

The Chrysler keys and MR2 keys I will both try out once I get the molds and tooling made up while doing the GM Keys, then I will know what exactly needs to be done to get them all to work. Mabye someone could send me a set of each of those keys to get theirs first...at that time.

Anxiously waiting on my 458 key to get started. Ill get the 355 and 360 keys ordered soon

I'm interested in 2 sets for my 355.

Robert

Here are the scudettos
    eBay item

Please let me know how much to make 2 fiero keys if I supply these emblems

id be more than happy to buy one! you name a price and im game!

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    pm sent ,Jasone
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!