Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Countach Chassis Plans

Countach Chassis Plans

Hello all!
    I am desperately seeking Countach Chassis plans. Years ago I had several sets from different manufacturers but sadly they were lost during a military move. That said, I am currently gearing up for a Sienna bodied Countach build. As we all know, companies that once provided the market with plans and or completed chassis have long been out of business and no longer have interest in their previous ventures. I have noticed that my request has been fielded several times before and that many members for whatever reason feel that it is ok to copy a vehicle from the big companies but cry foul whenever someone request information that was provided by a replica company which provided a facsimile of a particular car without permission or endorsement and has been out of business over a decade. For this reason I am providing my number so that I can be contacted directly by those that choose not to be identified as "Cheating some one sided rule by providing information". My number is 916-996-6905. Please leave a message as I dont just answer any incoming call. I really hate telemarketers. I hope however that someone is willing to post that they have information that could help many others complete a build. In every right, our hobby is based on us being copy cats and that is NOT a bad thing. Thank you for reading my post and hopefully someone can get me going. Good luck to all with their builds! Dana

Get in touch with Cliffscustomfab (Cliff Miller) on here or kit central.com as he has a Countch frame he is jigging up to produce frames for Countach owners.

His contact info is on here somewhere as well I believe.

I have his contact info around somewhere as well if you can't find it here, Pm me.

Cheers and good luck with the build. Post lots of updates here.

Cheers
    Don
    Last edited by Don; 01-15-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Thanks. I had gotten in touch with Cliff before posting however he has other commitments and it sounds as if he will be occupied for awhile. So the search continues. I am fully capable of fabricating a chassis as I have completed several Lotus 7 frames, modified two fieros for a Countach of a friend and my own 512 TR.

Hi Dana Im also looking. I have a few idea's that might work. Pm me. Later Luke

Hi,
    why not use a Lotus Esprit chassis, same wheelbase and low enough for a countach? These can be bought incomplete (damaged engine) fairly cheap.
    Being a central backbone design you can add the peripherie tubework to support the countach body.
    The Turbo version would even be fast enough as it is!
    Nick

Sounds like you have the skills for it.

You could possibly get a Chassisworks chassis plan set and shorten the rear section by the amount needed. I think about 4" if I remember correctly.

Not sure if Mikeo is still selling them on his ebay store.

Thanks
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by zagato750gt View Post
    Hi,
    why not use a Lotus Esprit chassis, same wheelbase and low enough for a countach? These can be bought incomplete (damaged engine) fairly cheap.
    Being a central backbone design you can add the peripherie tubework to support the countach body.
    The Turbo version would even be fast enough as it is!
    Nick
    Esprit wheel base is 96", Countach 98.4", so it would still need a little stretch in the Esprit. Think the Esprit is higher as well.

Funny thing occurred today. I had made two posts thanking for the replies and ideas but for whatever reason they were lost in the matrix. So now this is a test.

Success! OK, now back to the issue at hand. I am in the lovely state of California. That said, we here have the damnedest time trying to get our cars registered. Due to the SB100 requirements, it is better for me to pitch my completed build as a 1974 LP 400S. This gets VERY complicated when using a pre-existing chassis. The regulation has areas where its interpretation can vary and it is these variances that manifest themselves in the inspector's acceptance or denying of a particular cars configuration (engine, emissions, transmission, etc.). The local inspector here in Sacramento is hit and miss so most of my friends go to the Bay area as the inspector there is much more tolerant of cars that have a pedigree other than a 427 Cobra. Personally I have had my life's share in seeing these kits. They are like an old Madonna song.The first time you hear it you think its no too bad but by the end of the summer, it has become the only song on the radio. 427 Cobras are All I see anymore; especially in Kit Car Builder. Don't get me wrong. I would own one but it has fallen to the last car I would add to the stables. After all EVERYONE has one or "should" have one. Could attempt to reconfigure a Diablo chassis but I believe that there is more than adjusting the wheelbase. There is track width, chassis width, seat and steering locations and so on.These are not truly big issues however it would be alot easier to do if there was a reference Countach print to "line" things up to.

88.5 Countach your information is wrong! look at the numbers on Car technical data listed by automobile manufacturer - Carfolio.com tech specs

The Countach has a 2464mm wheelbase and an Esprit has 2458mm thats 6mm or 1/4 of an inch short.

Not sure where you got your numbers from but they are highly suspect!

The Esprit has coilovers so lowering is no big deal. The chassis stops at the top of the dash so how high the frame is is up to you!

In Europe (non UK) it is much easier to register a modified chassis from a known manufacturer than a one off or kit builder chassis.

Nick
    Last edited by zagato750gt; 01-17-2012 at 02:24 AM.