Thread: This is not mine !lambo project 2001 for sale 8950

This is not mine !lambo project 2001 for sale 8950

FIGURED SOME ONE MAY BE INTRESTED 2001 lamborghini Replica kit car
    Last edited by lowrida; 02-06-2012 at 10:55 AM.

I am considering this so I called (no answer) and left a message. Since I know nothing about these replicas, can someone tell me:

1) Is this worth messing with at this price?
    2) If so, what should I be looking for?
    3) What might something like this resale for when done?

I know the last question has a wide range but I just need to know if I might be able to buy this, fix it up and sell it so that I can continue on the Stingray project.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Jack

I think it's a good deal - I'd expect a finished car to go for $15-25K depending on build quality. Don't expect to flip it and make any money tho, and know that the lamborghini is the most difficult kit to build. The hard part looks to be finished, but without seeing the car in person, it's tough to tell. There may be a lot of hidden issues - bad welds, corners cut, poor craftsmanship, etc.

I live in cleburne and I drove down since I'm currently looking for sum like this Too me it's worth like 8 k it's sanded down pretty good like he said it needs fiberglass work Needs bodywork , and of course it need the interior upholstered all the plastic on the interior are their he turned the motor on by a switch ,it's gonna need a new carb,but the tranny feels good And that motor sounds Damn good .o and the frame and tubular chassis ,was definitely done very well he jacked it for me and was very helpfull,and honest. but my money is kinda tight rite now... But hopefully bout month from now it will be ready .and if he has it I'll jump on it

Wow lowrida, I must have gotten there right after you because the car was still jacked up. Funny though... he didn't even offer to start it up for me. The car does NOT have a tube frame chassis, it is a stretched Fiero. It still has the stock Fiero floorpan and suspension. The tubes are only a 1" x 3" rectangulr tube rail on each side and 3/4" and 1/4" square for body mounts. I have absolutely no use for a modified Fiero chassis car but I think even $5000 would be paying too much for it.

BTW, did you happen to look at the GT40 replica in Terrell? He wants $9500 which I think is way too high since it is a REALLY has clone and uses an Oldsmobile front drive setup for the rear engine drive. But I always wanted a GT40.

Jack

Yeah too me a lambo project in this stage with a v8 setup and 5 speed , its gonna be hard to find in texas unless your traveling thousand's miles, plus it sits on a 88 gt chassis.which to me is a good start ..But ive been looking for 2 plus years .. In the state of texas i aint found nothing near this close of a project..
    Good luck to you but if he has it in a month im picking it up!