Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at a few Bentley GTC kits.

Looking at a few Sebring kits.

Fugazzi which make a great looking kit, only downside is he just bumped the price of his kits just a few weeks ago to $8000 from $7000. The second being Rockstar replicas, but all the pictures on his site are of the real car, not completed kits. But his kits are $5000 includes shipping. Has anyone had any knowledge of either one of these companies?
    Last edited by bpajohnny; 06-09-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Fugazzi makes a very nice kit. I personally saw the finished car as well as the unfinished body’s in person numerous times and I highly recommend him. He has professional boat builders making the body’s. I was very impressed by his workmanship and attention for detail.
    His kit is designed to be very easy. I would say that anyone that has a basic knollage of mechanics could complete this kit quickly and easily in their home garage. I would be hard pressed to find an easier kit on the market.

Besides fugazzi I have not seen one decent completed car

If you're going to buy a bentley get it from fugazzi
    Otherwise you'll end up with junk that required hundreds of hours of work

the process of making kits are nearly identical no matter who makes it. if you get a kit from fugazzi you might be overpaying for something you can get for almost half the price. I've talked to the rockstar replicas guy, have been to his shop and seen his kits. He is legit and so is his work. I'm planning on getting one from him next month...

Quote Originally Posted by made2last View Post
    the process of making kits are nearly identical no matter who makes it. if you get a kit from fugazzi you might be overpaying for something you can get for almost half the price. I've talked to the rockstar replicas guy, have been to his shop and seen his kits. He is legit and so is his work. I'm planning on getting one from him next month...
    I completely disagree with this statement. There are quality fiberglass builders and then there are others.

As an example: you can do a paint job on your car in your backyard or you can pay a quality body shop 4K. I’m sure you would be seeing a difference in quality.

I have seen very poor fiberglass work as well as very good. I would rate fugazzi as A+ in my book. Just because you may find things cheaper doesn’t necessary mean you will get the same quality product.

I Agree to that. Fiberglass is something you want to leave to the Professional because as we all know it can get ugly. I will buy from both. Fugazzi kits look easier to put together and The Rockstar guy is Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    I completely disagree with this statement. There are quality fiberglass builders and then there are others.

As an example: you can do a paint job on your car in your backyard or you can pay a quality body shop 4K. I’m sure you would be seeing a difference in quality.

I have seen very poor fiberglass work as well as very good. I would rate fugazzi as A+ in my book. Just because you may find things cheaper doesn’t necessary mean you will get the same quality product.

I agree with you man, for people who don't know what they're doing, fiberglass work can come out looking like crap...but professionally speaking, the process is nearly the same. But hey, you have your opinions and I have mine. Rockstar is a pro for sure and his kits are definitely high quality. I haven't seen fugazzi's kits in person, but they look good from the pics and I'm sure they're good quality as well...but I don't intend on spending a lot more $$ for the almost the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by made2last View Post
    I agree with you man, for people who don't know what they're doing, fiberglass work can come out looking like crap...but professionally speaking, the process is nearly the same. But hey, you have your opinions and I have mine. Rockstar is a pro for sure and his kits are definitely high quality. I haven't seen fugazzi's kits in person, but they look good from the pics and I'm sure they're good quality as well...but I don't intend on spending a lot more $$ for the almost the same thing
    This is hilarious, the guy..or in this case guys at rockstar are so completely full of crap. There's a reason they don't have completed cars on the road. Look at the website..its a joke, dude has pictures of real cars trying to tell you there his kit, lol he suggests you use some Mitsubishi tail light..really, i'm sure that will look good. There is no comparison between the kit we sell and what they have. Out stuff is professionally made, his is made on leftover junk molds he bought from Vinnie. If he really had a coupe built on a mustang you better believe he would have a million pictures of it online. At fugazzi we have nothing to hide, we don't have dedicate an Ebay add to slamming his product to sell a body. You get what you pay for, plus maybe you someday want to finish the project. We are builders, we don't need to outsource anything, body, paint, interior, you name it we do it, not many companies can say that, especially rockstar.

Look, i have one question to ask everyone who is wondering what direction to go. Yes there are cheaper kits availible, but isnt the goal of buying a kit to finish it? I want to see a finished "turnkey" build from another maker. I search every day and still nothing. Everyone els is using the same old pictures to sell there kit, wether they are pics of real cars or pictures from my shop. The fact is we have 4 "turnkey" cars driving on the streets now. I mean "turnkey" that means we have worked out every aspect of this build. look at our facebook. Our customers are happy and driving there cars. Now there must be a reason for that, Our kit must be better in some way. Or at least finishable.

Just to Add my input....I have a kitcar company Cozart replicas....I outsource so I contact Rockstar and Fugazzi. 2 different companies. You know why you are spending more for Fugazzi kits hands down. 1.They have finished products. 2. It looks good. 3. You see 3 getting made in the Background. Rockstar on the other hand, ok hes just starting, Has a kit, I give it to him. Im going to try both. Just purchased a sebring from copart. But I must say Fugazzi first before the price go higher.