View Poll Results: Would you purchase a fugazzi kit or assembled car if the kits were closer to you ?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definateley

18 66.67%
  • Maybe / likeley

9 33.33%
  • would not matter

3 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fugazzicars gtc available on the west coast , Soon !

Exclamation Fugazzicars gtc available on the west coast , Soon !

Just like the heading states" our company" Sixtencars" is working on a deal with Matt from Fugazzi to bring a truck load of his kits and interior parts to the west coast . California, Oregon, Washington , Nevada,Arizona, Utah .... We have been a full service Replica car builder since 1996 and we have had dozens of satisfied customers since that time. We also build one of a kind cars for those that want to have something completely different. When Matt and I have our deal in place , we will be able to offer the kits or turnkey cars to west coast customers and the freight from Northern California will not be so expensive, we will also have pick-up and delivery services available. I am offering "FREE Delivery" for a limited time, to any of the states that I have listed here ,on the west coast. This will be for a kit OR for a completed / partially completed Fugazzi GTC . So if you are considering a kit from Matt and you are on the west coast, get in-touch with me ( Jim Crabtree ) and Save some money. Our website iswww.SixTenCars.com

Last edited by sixtencars; 03-24-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: added text to "free delivery"

nice to have something like that on west coast.

I am in the bay area, I just emailed you about more info and prices. Looks great !

I have been talking to matt about this kit for about a month or so now. I was telling him my main concern was the fact that I couldn't get down to florida (living in Arizona) to purchase a kit or have a kit installed. what are you upselling the kits to be sold for on the westcoast, or are you offering the kit for the same price as matt?

Quote Originally Posted by darkprince View Post
    I have been talking to matt about this kit for about a month or so now. I was telling him my main concern was the fact that I couldn't get down to florida (living in Arizona) to purchase a kit or have a kit installed. what are you upselling the kits to be sold for on the westcoast, or are you offering the kit for the same price as matt?
    Hey darkprince, I've been talking with Matt for a few months and have a tentitive plan to buy a truck load of kits, and 1 kit already installed on a donor sebring with the interior completely done in my choice of color. I think Matt has one of the best re-body kits I have ever seen since I have been building component cars (( about 16 years), This kit is even more convincing than the mercedes sl 500 kits from the 90's and early 2000's. The biggest obstacle , in my opinion, is the added cost to ship the kits across the US. My plan is to personally fly to florida , meet with Matt, spend enough time to see how the install works ( maybe even do 1 hands on ) and then drive a rental truck full of his kits and pull a trailer with 1 car that has been converted, back to Ca. As a bonus, I am offering the first few purchasers FREE delivery for destinations along my route between florida and California. After the initial trip from Matts shop to mine , I plan on selling the kits for the exact same price as Matt and even do the install version for $!0k. I do not do upholstry in house at this time so I can not quote a price for that untill I get the first completed car. I will however, sell the first completed car that I bring back from Matt for the $10k plus the cost of the donor. I will get Matt to help me find a donor.

This deal could really be benificial to Matt, My company and all of the potential west coast customers . I own a 1 ton van and have a new 18ft steel open trailer that we haul cars with and have a guy that can make delivery trips once a month to all west coast customer. We will have to charge for this , BUT it should be less than 1/3 of the cost than having it sent by common carrier. I can discuss the details with you at anytime , just give me a call 530-526-2379. I have even come up with a payment plan where after we arrange everything, the deposit that Matt charges would be paid directly to Matt from you. Any balance due will be due when I deliver the car to your door. Nothing extra , nothing more. How soon are you ready to get started ? This deal will be good for the following states that I will be traveling through, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, California and Nevada. I will be charging a very small fee for any deliveries that are more than 10 miles from a major interstate. The fee has not been set , but around $0.75 per mile. So there are potentially a half dozen customers that can get a good deal with this offer.
    Thanks Jim Crabtree ,president/ of SixTen Coachbuilders llc
    Last edited by sixtencars; 03-25-2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: correct ph #

Hello, I just noticed I made a typo in my cell phone# and corrected it. I should also list my business phone# and Hours so you may call me there as well. Remember we are on pacific time. 9am to 6pm. Monday through Saturday 530-527-5000. Lets get some fugazzi GTC replicas on the left coast. Jim

As I was discussing with matt, the only obstacle I'm having is locating certain parts and a donor in the shape that is to my desire with low enough miles. These initial things are whats going to determine if my build will stay within budget. Once I have these parts and donor in hand I will be ready to move to the next phase and purchase the kit. I am working hard at getting everything before you go down there so I can have a Kit delivered on your way back to Cali. I'm located in Tolleson Az and the drop off will be roughly 3 miles off the I-10 (interstate 10)

darkprince, I have been looking for suitable donors in northern Ca. also. What I have found is Craigslist is a good place to look. I use C/L and go a little further out from my home town and to the next large city/town. I find way more car in the San Francisco area and Sacramento, but that's still close enough for me to get to in about 1-1/2 hrs or so. I have found some 2006 sebrings with approx 65k on the clock and the price is still reasonable. Since the entire interior is likely to be changed and all of the body panels changed, the mechanicals are the most important. I see alot of 2001- 2002 sebrings with 150-180K miles , even drove one and it ran smooth as can be.

Being that this will be my own kit to drive around in for a few months (or more) I want to make sure that the car has lower miles on it to aid in the resale value. I am tempted to get a vehicle with higher miles to put together and learn off of. That way when it's done I will sell it to fund my own the way I want it.

That's a great way to do it , Start with something a little less expensive and maybe more miles, build it and take lots of pics while building, keep some notes..... Most people after seeing the car probably will not hesitate to purchase it even if it has high miles. The second build is always better than your first ,but most buyers will not be able to see what you may know. I once built a Caroselli rodster with a donor that had @ 170 k miles. I drove it for 3 years and about 20k miles with no problems. I sold it at the Carlisle kit car show to a guy that just loved the way it looked, mileage was not even considered.