Thread: Interest in 328 kit with v8

Interest in 328 kit with v8

Located in montgomery county pa....

Link to ad on Craigslist. philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5859555375.html

More pictures just added.....as I could not upload directly here.

1985 fiero ac car, ac not hooked up.... new trans, new heater core, brakes, etc.... car is being driven and able to drive away.

As ad states, new tri star sbc with anew heada, cam,etc.... if you are serious make a offer or ask questions.

I built the car in 1992-1993. Sold it in 2005 bought it back in 2009. Selling as moving and need a more practical car.....
    Last edited by f328v8; 11-05-2016 at 01:16 PM.

I don't mean to be rude but there is so much info missing from your advert.
    The most notable being price! I see you have serious offers but...

The panel gaps look 'interesting', from what you can see from one of the rear photos, but that's hard to tell from the pictures included.

Taking a picture in the shadow of a tree on a bright sunny day isn't going to help either...

I saw this advert during my search on dailylister and passed it by as without a price, or good pictures (at the least) I wouldn't even both asking any questions. Especially as you are a good distance from me.

You might be looking for $5k or $25k. $5k being a deal and $25k being an owner who values their car for more than the current market value.

A lot of reasonably finished 308/328 kits are settling around $10k - $15k at the moment.
    Projects significantly less ($1.5k to $7k depending on what's needed)
    A V8 conversion is a nice add to most available so that will factor into the price.
    'Cherry' examples seem to be advertised for more, but also seem very slow to sell.

You might have more luck with potential buyers if you include this, also ideas of how many miles on the chassis, miles on the engine, where the engine came from (donor or crate), why you are looking to sell, how long you have owned it, recent service items (including shocks, brakes, recent fixes etc.). Does it have AC? Does it work? Does the dash work eg speedo and tach?

I hope you see this as helpful advice rather than criticism. I'm currently in the market for a project hence the input.
    Munky

Not to be rude back but if your not interested in the car why bothering posting?

I'm not negogiating against myself with price, if someone is serious about making a offer or the car I'm happy to answer any questions they have. But if your not interested you are just wasting your time and mine

Actually, I'm currently looking for a 308 / 328 project, which is how I came across your advert originally.
    I didn't bother contacting you about it because a, it looks to be more complete / have parts on it that would put it out of my desired range and b, the above list of unknowns.

Just trying to provide the opinion (and it is just an opinion) of what a buyer sees to help you make a sale.

It's a bit like owning a cinema. From the owners point of view, they want to give the audience a good time but also want to make a profit. From the audiences point of view, they want a good movie selection, easy parking and possibly things around it such as food places. Good seats also go down well.

In this case I'm just trying to provide some insight from the prospective audiences point of view.

Your car - your advert. I'm sorry if I offended you with my comments. That was never the intention.