Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AD355 body for sale. Not mine.

AD355 body for sale. Not mine.

Figured I'd throw this out there for anyone looking for a great deal. $2,000

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2204...4830451724636/

"We're still selling parts, over 20 years worth of them of just about anything you could want. Kit cars, transmissions, aftermarket stuff, call (727) 417-7559 to talk to us and place an order! "

That sounds great. Can't see pics as its a closed group though

I just spoke with the guy selling and am going to take a look at it tomorrow morning. He told me it is a complete Watson kit with glass and in great shape. He also has a stretched Testarossa mounted on a fiero with a custom built rear frame for a long motor setup but it's in rough shape. I'll check it out while I'm there, never know....

I'll post up what I learn and see in the next few days.

Redline

Please take pics and post them !!

Is the Watson 355 for a stretch or stock length fiero?

I will be picking up the AD355 kit this weekend and will take some pics then. It's the Berlinetta coupe kit for a stock length fiero. Every piece is there except the long thin front cowl/valance piece that goes between the hood/headlights and the front bumper. Does anyone know where I can get this piece? The front and rear bumper supports and back glass comes with it also. The quarter glass is not included and I know some have used Lexan or oem glass in their builds but are there any other alternatives?

This is my first kit and I am thinking of taking a crack at doing my first build. I know it's a bit of an older kit but it is well made and looks to be a pretty straight forward conversion for my first build. A Aventador would be my dream build and may be down the road, but I'm being realistic first my first attempt...lol! I'm sure I'll learn plenty the first time around that will only help if I do decide to pursue the next build.

I want to extend my thanks to sactodreamer for posting the link. The price and the local location was what I have been looking for so it's worked out well so far. I have read thru some of the 355 build's that some of you have done with great results. I am hoping to be able to get all the help where I can when I decide to start this build. I really like the 355 look and I am just hoping that there is still enough resources out there for this model. My only concern right now would be is there a full interior conversion kit still available? Which other parts are the hardest to find?

Thanks and I am looking forward to conversing with anyone going forward.

Redline

Fantastic news!!!

Pictures and a build thread, or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Redline View Post
    I will be picking up the AD355 kit this weekend and will take some pics then. It's the Berlinetta coupe kit for a stock length fiero. Every piece is there except the long thin front cowl/valance piece that goes between the hood/headlights and the front bumper. Does anyone know where I can get this piece? The front and rear bumper supports and back glass comes with it also. The quarter glass is not included and I know some have used Lexan or oem glass in their builds but are there any other alternatives?

This is my first kit and I am thinking of taking a crack at doing my first build. I know it's a bit of an older kit but it is well made and looks to be a pretty straight forward conversion for my first build. A Aventador would be my dream build and may be down the road, but I'm being realistic first my first attempt...lol! I'm sure I'll learn plenty the first time around that will only help if I do decide to pursue the next build.

I want to extend my thanks to sactodreamer for posting the link. The price and the local location was what I have been looking for so it's worked out well so far. I have read thru some of the 355 build's that some of you have done with great results. I am hoping to be able to get all the help where I can when I decide to start this build. I really like the 355 look and I am just hoping that there is still enough resources out there for this model. My only concern right now would be is there a full interior conversion kit still available? Which other parts are the hardest to find?

Thanks and I am looking forward to conversing with anyone going forward.

Redline
    I sold the AD355 molds to Rob Durham. PM me and I'll give you his number. Nice guy, and a easy to ship part.

Quote Originally Posted by bartman View Post
    I sold the AD355 molds to Rob Durham. PM me and I'll give you his number. Nice guy, and a easy to ship part.
    Thank you bartman. I will PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline View Post
    The quarter glass is not included and I know some have used Lexan or oem glass in their builds but are there any other alternatives?
    Redline

I have an OEM rear side glass that I will sell you. I also have the original set of plastic rear glass pieces that Mark Clapp (on this forum) had created. He used my OEM glass to build his mold.

Other parts I have:
    OEM 348 muffler (same as the 355 but with only 2 inlets instead of 4)
    HVAC unit (can see when the trunk lid is opened)
    Door latches with and without power door locks

probably a few other items as well

PM me if interested in any of this stuff
    -Glenn

"One day I had a bit of an argument with my friend Enzo Ferrari, who reckoned I wasnít able to drive a Ferrari, only tractors. Thatís when I got the idea into my head and told myself Ė Iíll make the cars myself from now on!" - Ferruccio Lamborghini